My Kona Collection

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Afternoon all, This is my first post, Must say that this is top forum and have been really enjoying your pics of old classics.

I have put some quick shots of my collection. I use the 94 Grey Cindercone for roads, 2000 Pahoehoe for treks and offroad. I have just bilt up the Gold 94 Cindercone from my casts offs. Lastly is my 1995 Kula in 99% original spec. Im just waiting for a saddle to fit the era... possibly a flite or similar.

Attachments

• November 2007 039.jpg
    November 2007 039.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 3,701
  • November 2007 040.jpg
    November 2007 040.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3,701
  • November 2007 044.jpg
    November 2007 044.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3,701
  • November 2007 046.jpg
    November 2007 046.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,701
Like 'em.

And welcome.

Gotta say, I am feeling drawn to the mid nineties Kona steel frame. Could see myself sourcing a 94 Explosif for a re-build.

Good collection.

:D

I have had the Grey Cindercone since new in 94 as it was an insurance replacment for my 91 Cindercone that got pinched :x . I must say that it is my favorite ride out of them all and is so quick on the road with the slicks. I am going to take the Gold one out for a rip next weekend as I have only just finished building it up. Maybe the perfect combination, one for the road and one for the mud..... :p

Loving that collection, old Kona's never date in my opinion...
Is it me though or has that last one got disc and rear vee brakes ?? Must have some serious stopping power... :LOL:

Well I've got to vote for the 'gold' Cindy because (a) small is beautiful, and (b) it's orange and orange is beautiful. I *think* I like the forks that colour, but surely those tyres would look better on the Kula, wouldn't they? Especially for this site.

Well spotted, I use the wheels on two bikes so the rear doubles for Vee's and disc....

The Green Mitchlens would look cool on the Kula but she is totaly original apart from stem and saddle, It has Mr Dirt and The Cleaner Tyres, Reflectors :( and even the original ritchey front and rear compound brake blocks on the canti's.

Back