Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Evening.

I used to race MT4's and a Torus between 1992 and 1994. This was my second MT4.

4-17-2010_099.jpg

My first MT4 broke at the headtube in a frontal impact. This second MT4 last a few months before this happened...sorry if the next image makes you cry...

get ready...

Sorry.
4-17-2010_100.jpg

:( :?
Another frontal impact which as you can see tore the front of the bike off!

However I was working for a Raleigh Main dealer at the time and Raleigh gave me one of these to replace the busted MT4...
4-17-2010_104.jpg

A prototype Torus. I loved that bike. I raced it twice and then kinda lost interest in the whole racing scene (girls, drink and funny cigarettes came along!) :D.
I eventually sold the Torus and bought my Bonty (see below link).

:)

Keith

It looks like the MT4 tripped over a badly laid paving stone! :p
Is it suing for compensation?
Nice though.
But not as nice as your Bontrager road bike, that's stunning!

Rampage":29uwjrgy said:
It looks like the MT4 tripped over a badly laid paving stone! :p
Is it suing for compensation?
Nice though.
But not as nice as your Bontrager road bike, that's stunning!

Hehehehe I was test riding a race course and I missed a bridge over a small ditch FULL of nettles. The MT4 hit the other side of the ditch and I went for a swim in a bed of nettles. As well as a thoroughly busted bike I had the shakes and lumpy skin for a week!

Cheers the Bonty is my current pride and joy...got a few tweaks to make to it though as the gearing isn't quite big enough :shock: :LOL: :D :twisted:

Dynatech Cro Mo comp ???

hi i have been clearing the man cave and have come accross this i used to use it as a commuter but could never find out much about it like when it was mad it has a mixture of parts mostly stx rear mech front mech and some stx rc canti,s hubs and a 200 gs crank sti shifters and halfords brake levers etc

question is whats it worth ?

and when was it made ?

DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0925.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

I have had a few over the years and managed to replace bikes without actually parting with cash. Bonded frames did have a tenancy to debond with me.

First proper MTB - Technium

Technium.jpg

Replaced by a original white dynatech, something of a rare beast and no frame number, just some letters relating to prototype.

Dynatech%20White.jpg

This broke and was replaced by shop borrowed Pro for a couple of months while something else was sourced.

Team%20Pro.jpg

Then an Ogre XT arrived and was raced for 2 years

Ogre%20XT.jpg

And when not on the Ogre XT, I used this dynatech which was built up of bits I had.

Black%20One.jpg

When the Ogre XT finally debonded, it was replaced by a Torus which was ridden until I went to uni as a mature student.

Ti%20one.jpg

Talk about brand loyalty, great collection and some very impressive big rings :shock: :LOL:

Seems my MT4 has met an untimely demise - the seized BB (nothing to do with me, I've got shares in copperslip) has been declared terminal by my mechanic's mechanic, although I'm not giving up on it yet... Pretty sure the threads won't survive though!

This was of course inevitable as I just bankrupted myself gathering together a glorious selection of goodies to rebuild it :cry:

@cola9009 a great selection of RSP bikes and all differing sizes, you must be flexable.

Which was your favourite? did you keep any? I fancy one with the curved tube (to add to the others

I am 6 foot 1 and at the time for racing liked the long stem and tall frame, however for mucking about the smaller frames were good fun. Still the same now with the collection of bikes I have.

Fav was probably the Ogre XT as it was brand new. It died in woods near Dingwall back in 1992 at the SCU race when the top tube split from the steerer at around 40mph decent....Happy days....

I used to use the bikes for time trialling so big rings were good. Still have a couple of rings kicking about.

Image_x6_250.jpg

Back