Anyone running Hope X2 disc brakes?

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
I think these would look great on my new Lynskey.
I am running Shimano XT's right now and like them but just looking to put something on my ride that is a little different.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Not had a lot of experience with them . People buy them and we never see them again . Means they work :LOL: Fit and forget parts . Forever having to mess about with Avid tat though . Lots of new bikes come with Shimano and Avids but the Shimanos are easy to set up and just need bleeding once in a while . Nobody here likes doing the avids .

Yes, I run an X2 on the rear and an M4 on the front of my modern hardtail. Lovely, lovely brakes. These are my third set of Hopes, I briefly flirted with Shimano SLX but returned to Hope with these.

Fully rebuildable (unlike Shimano) and easy to bleed. I like the fact I can integrate my SLX shifters in to the clamps too, with that and the lever reach adjustment I have perfect one-finger braking.

If I remember ( or you keep hassling me :LOL: ) I'll get one of the guys to take a photo on Friday . There's a pro hub too but someone has swiped the bits so it's just a half shell and half freehub body .

I run Tech V2's on my Orange 5. totally love them. Bleeding is sooo simple. Plus the factory is 5 mins down the road from my house. :D

Latest posts

Back