Raleigh Milk Race special single speed

caistor_bmx

Retro Newbie
Hey guys, here is my noble steed. I do 40 miles a week on her minimum. I know alot of these sites are very anti single speed so be good to me! Here are a few pics

Wait it wont let me till I have two posts!?

Hope you all like her as much as I do. Next in the pipeline is white tires, aquiring original stickers and getting the frame powdercoated :D

If anyone can help me source stickers that would be a massive help, I just want the main raleigh blue ones and milk race ones on the forks, not fussed about the rear droputs

Frame: Milk Race Special

Fork: Milk Race Special

Headset: About had it
Stem: Should be chrome but isnt
Handlebar: Generic
Bar Tape: Blue electrical tape

Brake Levers/Brifters: From a bmx
Brake Calipers: Raleigh
Brake Pads: From Wilkos
Brake Cables: Found in my garage

Shifters: Bin
Front Derailleur: Bin
Rear Derailleur: Bin
Derailleur Cables: Bin
Cassette: Very cheap
Chain: Very rusty
Cranks: £20 from a wholesalers (chinese origin)
Chainrings: Came with crank
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Rat trap

Rims: Found in a mates lockup
Hubs: Attached to said rims
Hub Skewers: Eh?
Nipples: Hairy
Spokes: Black
Tyres: Rubbery
Tubes: Covered in patches

Saddle: Found in same lockup as wheels
Seatpost: Attached to said seat
Seatpost Binder: Original built in frame

Bottle Cage: none
Extras: wilko brand froggy lights for when it gets dark

Weight: not sad enough to weigh

Yer sure, here you go

13102010401.jpg

13102010398.jpg

Thanks for posting.
Those blue rims look pretty blingy. I'd be tempted to tape the bars (including the drops) in some matching blue tape to 'tie it together'. My taste may be questionable, though...

HLloyd (based in Penrith, I think) are a well regarded source of original and reproduction stickers - used by a number of well regarded frame restorers.

Good luck,

David

It's not everyone's cup of tea. In fact, it's what quite a lot of people on this forum really hate :D

I quite like it. But then, I totally approve of zero-budget bitsa bikes :D

With the white tyres you'll have the 'London look' down to a T!

Welcome to the mad house :LOL:

The bike looks OK, I've seen worse - especially on other 'London-based' forums ;)

Once you've spent a bit of time on here you might get the urge to get some gears etc. etc. I'd have thought you would need them if, going by your forum name, you live in Caistor!

Old Ned":2gbojjx2 said:
Welcome to the mad house :LOL:

The bike looks OK, I've seen worse - especially on other 'London-based' forums ;)

Once you've spent a bit of time on here you might get the urge to get some gears etc. etc. I'd have thought you would need them if, going by your forum name, you live in Caistor!

This scares me a little, my mum is from wakefield.. how you know caistor!?

Anyhow if you must know, I am at uni in loughborough at the min, the flattest place on the plannet and I ripped off the gears, noticing a significant improvement. Also this bike owes me a total of..... £90

£90? Not quite so 'zero-budget' then? I've bought complete bikes for less than that. Never mind, once you start shopping on here you'll spend a lot more................(everyone else does!)

Wakefield, Caistor - linked by a worm hole through the space/time continuum (or something like that!).

Went through there last year. I think we woke the place up when I changed gear to get up the hill. ;)

Back