Blackmount-GlenEtive 2010 Official Aftermath Thread

It might be worth looking into the ferry from Zeebruge to Hull as it will save on driving time once you get to the UK.

There was a ferry that used to go to Rosyth just north of Edinburgh but I don't know if it runs anymore. I'll try to find out.

I've just checked the Rosyth ferry but it is now freight only and no passengers. You can however get from Amsterdam to Newcastle which would save a huge amount of driving in the UK. Or Rotterdam to Hull. Going to Harwich gives you a 5 or 6 hour drive before you reach the Scottish border.

you could be right - I think superfast were the old operator, but it looks like passenger only - could car hire at this end, one of us could drop off a rack or I could leave one at my parents near dunfermline (4 miles up the road),

But newcastle or Hull look like the easy options.

Thanks guys. (Y)

I have made an assumption that august us a good month for riding. I think it is best to leave on a thursday evening and drive to the Bridge of Orchy hotel on the 4th of august and leave on the 8th.

I think we'll be doing Rotterdam-Hull as it is much cheaper per person. ONly disadvantage is more driving but more stopping at Little Chef :D

I'll suggest this over here and will let you guys know.

:D :D :D

The midgies don't bother me, it's the bloody clegs. Evil little sods that they are. There are lots of things you can buy to keep the midgies away.

Let me see if get this correct...

Midgies are musquitos right? But what are clegs?

I only had english in primary school :oops:

Back