My new old Bianchi

willbowden

Dirt Disciple
5464802560_07930df6a4_z.jpg

First proper outing on the new old Bianchi yesterday. Slightly disgraced itself by having a puncture 5miles from home and eldest sons saddle pack had some Top Gear cards and a toy Ferrari in instead of tools and a puncture kid, guess thats my fault for not checking :roll:

Its a Rekord 841 lusso, I've been trawling the web for information on it for two weeks and haven't turned up much. The frame has 'Made in Italy' and 'Bianchi Tubi Calibrati 1-20' stickers. Any ideas?

5445166034_e6eb857f99.jpg

5444564423_8339060b04.jpg

Overall I'm well chuffed with it. It needs some wider bars, slightly lower gearing, better brakes and some scratches touched up and it'll be perfect. :cool:

Will :)

I'm well chuffed with it, I paid £150 for it on ebay which was a tad brave because I hadn't seen it. I've been longing for a celeste Bianchi for years and it was only 10miles off my weekly driving route so easy to collect so I took a punt on it.

I was amazed to find the tyres are new (still got the little nobuley bits on) and theres virtually no wear on the rims at all. It looks like its hardly ever been ridden. There are a few chips that are rusting but easy to sort.

Will :)

id love a bike like that. im only now getting into bikes, bought my first one on ebay few days ago, absolutely no idea what it is though. its an old ladies shopper type thing - i think!
but its gonna be fun to practtice on and trying to get working again!

Back