GROOVY 650B (Video on page 4 :-) )

clunker":q0kvio1a said:
Look forward to seeing it finished. Hope you keep the spots :cool:
Have to admit I gave Rody free reign for the new paint, so ........ I really have no clue what he'll turn up with :D
Can't wait to see it myself.

I'll watch this with eager anticipation. That bike was my desktop wallpaper for quite a while...

Wow, thats a serious job out there.

Whats the thing with the 650b size (26x1.5?). Whats the difference with the usual 26" rimmed wheels?

Cheers,
Martin

Martin":gpkds697 said:
Wow, thats a serious job out there.

Whats the thing with the 650b size (26x1.5?). Whats the difference with the usual 26" rimmed wheels?

Cheers,
Martin

650B is about 27 1/2" so in between 26"and 29"..... kinda best of both worlds :D . Really have to trust Rody on this one, very eager to try it out in April when I'll be off to Ohio :cool:
Will let you guys know how it rides as soon as I've tried,
cheers Roy

Just got this mail from Rody:

The bike turned out pretty spiffy. I would have to say that I like the build/paint/overall look as one of my top 5 to come out of the shop. The paint took just a bit over 27 hours of labor (lots of layers of airbrushing, masking, and blending) and I am pleased with the result. Should get some looks in Texas.

...... and NO pics yet :twisted: will have to wait till NAHBS this weekend....... that will be loooonnngggggggg days :roll: :D

some pics of the proces

redux1.jpg

redux2.jpg

redux3.jpg

The new 650B forks

Roysfork.jpg

New Bar/Stem combo with LUV handles

roysstem.jpg

New Paragon drop-out, modified for Rohloff

dropout.jpg

All ready for paint (inluding new HotRods)

boxfullofgoodies.jpg

Now sit and wait for the end result............

Whoa! That's the beauty of steel it lives another day. You ought to get the old chainstays sent back with the frame - hang on your man-cave wall or summit, as a momento.

I've been thinking of producing a polkadot finish on one of my frames but @ 27hrs it would have to be something special.

Lovely bike!

Pics of the new paintjob, straight from NAHBS 2011 :D
So happy! Can't wait till April to pick here up :cool:

groovy0.jpg

groovy1.jpg

groovy2.jpg

groovy3.jpg

groovy4.jpg

Back