Wanted - Brake bosses for Manitou Mars forks

Roman

Dirt Disciple
Does anybody have a pair of V brake bosses for a set of c2002 Manitou Mars forks I have?

They seem to be a bit smaller (around 7mm ish) than the normal screw in bosses on most forks. I've tried loads of bike shops but the importers have stopped carrying spares for forks made before 2005!

Thanks

Paul

brake bosses..

Ive had the same problem :( i foolishly gave away the bosses off my WHITE BROS forks as i was gonna use discs..Well try and get some to replace em! :x They are 6mm..My point! They come in all sizes....

Yes they are around 7mm I'm afraid - very frustrating when you think how many must be languishing at the bottom of toolkits accross th UK!

Size

Crank bolts are M8, so are they smaller than those? Also I think most canti posts are course threaded, not metric fine? Further complications? The seating flanges all vary from fork to fork, so you will need manitou specific? I have a nice pair of Rockshox Quadras or sale cheap, if that would at least get you going? Manitou have been bust a few times and have just started coming back in to the UK, with a new importer. Someone must have some spare?

Back