Suspension forks for 2001 GT Zaskar

littlestwoo

Retro Newbie
Hi,
Was initially going to build this frame up using Project 2's, but I'm now thinking about suspension.
Have a budget of up to £100, what are your fork recommendations from the early 2000's. I'm thinking about 3" travel and it also needs a disk mount, also would prefer something light weight Will be used for riding on mountains and aggressive off road,
Many thanks,
Steve

Fox, although you'll have to get a bargain for under £100. If you are happy to tinker, buy some that are leaking oil for £50-70 and then buy a seal kit and some oil and voila. Fox started in 2003 I think, my leaking '03 Float RLCs (current retail £700+ :shock: ) were about £65 from eBay. Once serviced they've been perfect, in fact the best shocks I've ever owned, plusher even than my '08 F100 RLCs.

SP

Any more ideas? Basically I haven't much idea die to riding the road for the past 10 years. need some starting points so I can begin to research what I want. both the fox and quake look good

I've heard and read very good things about Marzocchi's from 2000 onwards... I had a pair back in 96 and they were total rubbish!

My new bike has Bomber Z5 '01s - havne't had chance to try them out yet but will let you know - I do know that they do pop up extremely reasonably...

Back