3 Bikes in my garage!

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
All of a sudden I have 'acquired' 3 bikes to sell on behalf of friends. I thought I would put them here first to show them off as there are a couple of points and queries that might be of interest generally.

The Puch belonged to my friend who died at Christmas and is being sold on behalf of his widow. At least, I think it is a Puch as it is the right colour and has the right transfers etc. Mick was a Puch dealer at one time and I reckon the bike dates to then, probably late 70's ish. However, I have a nagging suspicion that it might be 'to good' for a Puch and could be something like a Woodrup for example? Does anyone have any idea of Puch frame numbering so that I could make a more positive indentification?

The Paramount is a late 60's one in original condition and owned by its original owner. Built by the late 'Pongo' Braithwaite before he went on his own to make 'Aende' frames. The equipment is not original, Ian refitted it late 80's with a Shimano 600 groupset (and a Dura-Ace DX stem) and then hardly used it so the components are almost (but not quite!) NOS. He says he still has the boxes stashed away somewhere. The grease has stiffened up in the pedals etc. and could do with a clean out and regreasing but the new owner can do this once sold. I'm thinking of stripping this one down and selling frame and parts separate as the frame really deserves period fittings and would sell well on its own I'm sure.

The third bike is an unknown to me. The head badge says 'Bicycles International' which is a branding I've never come across before. The frame is quite nicely made and seems relatively light. However, when Ian bought it the components were not really up to the standard of the frame so he replaced a lot of them as they wore out being used as a work bike. The ones on there now aren't top quality (Solido chainset, Suntour ARX gears etc.) but still quite workable. This one will sell complete as a good project bike and should come up well with a bit of TLC. Does anyone know anything about 'Bicycles International'? Note, the B17 saddle will not be sold with the bike! It'll sell well separately.

Attachments

• BicycleInternational.1.A.jpg
    BicycleInternational.1.A.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 776
  • BicycleInternational.3.A.jpg
    BicycleInternational.3.A.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 776
  • Paramount.1.A.jpg
    Paramount.1.A.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 776
  • Mick's Puch.1.A.jpg
    Mick's Puch.1.A.jpg