Saracen Race Elite - Complete!

Aw Dendy

Aw Dendy! It's a bit late to turn with an alternative opinion!

In all seriousness, though, I viewed the XT brakes and sliver chainset as one package, and the black LX brakes and black LX chainset as another

It was only when a couple of guys threw in the alternative of XT brakes and LX chainset that it got considered

I'll probably spray the cages of the pedals at some point and I might just sneak a silver chainset on just out of interest.... :D

But right now, it totally works for me, everything on it is black and silver I think the balance is spot on, aesthetically

On the subject of handling, I'm gonna sort out another set of wheels and tyres and go down some steep stuff! These wheels and tyres look totally mint so I'll keep them for 'special' - Yes, I did scrub the tyres!

chrisv40":hobljfdr said:
Fantastic build, love these Saracen E-stays. I just missed out on a Kili at the weekend.

I bet another will be along soon!

I see in your Cro-Mega thread you noticed they were appearing everywhere

- I had an Al-Mega BITD

Same thing happened here! All of a sudden loads of Saracen e-stays appearing, not just Kilis, but this very model, in this very colour! Very cool! Lots of note swapping and snooping on the other guy's builds, making sure I wasn't too similar!

Re: Aw Dendy

hydorah":u5jdq5co said:
Aw Dendy! It's a bit late to turn with an alternative opinion!

In all seriousness, though, I viewed the XT brakes and sliver chainset as one package, and the black LX brakes and black LX chainset as another

It was only when a couple of guys threw in the alternative of XT brakes and LX chainset that it got considered

I'll probably spray the cages of the pedals at some point and I might just sneak a silver chainset on just out of interest.... :D

But right now, it totally works for me, everything on it is black and silver I think the balance is spot on, aesthetically

On the subject of handling, I'm gonna sort out another set of wheels and tyres and go down some steep stuff! These wheels and tyres look totally mint so I'll keep them for 'special' - Yes, I did scrub the tyres!

I totally agree with the way you have it aesthetically setup, the balance is "right" and if you did change to a silver chainset you would probably have to introduce more silver elsewhere.. Either way I am nit picking about nothing really cos it looks smart as it is.

All of a sudden loads of Saracen e-stays appearing, not just Kilis, but this very model, in this very colour! Very cool! Lots of note swapping and snooping on the other guy's builds, making sure I wasn't too similar!
I have yours, Dendy's and Drystone_paul to compete with! Its bloody hard work. You all have a bookmark on my internet and I browse daily at them :oops:

coomber":12wi5b11 said:
All of a sudden loads of Saracen e-stays appearing, not just Kilis, but this very model, in this very colour! Very cool! Lots of note swapping and snooping on the other guy's builds, making sure I wasn't too similar!
I have yours, Dendy's and Drystone_paul to compete with! Its bloody hard work. You all have a bookmark on my internet and I browse daily at them :oops:

Looks like you can't go wrong! We all did something different and ended with cracking looking bikes!

They actually look different too, which is something! I'd love to see them all together at some point

Including yours! Although I know yours is going to be a bit of an epic re-build

Brainwave!

When I was meditating on this bike and envisaging various options several ideas came to me, but didn't get tried

As your bike is being powder coated, you have the perfect opportunity to indulge in some frame coloured parts...

Looking at the frame I was struck by the GT-esque seat tube intersected by top tube, top tube ending a cap

I considered echoing this elsewhere; basically by buying a GT t-bone with the same look and painting it frame colour

You have the perfect opportunity for a complete match - I even mentioned GT stems in my stem want ad, that's how seriously I was considering it

It will set your apart from us lot, if you tried it - and pulled it off!

Lovely build. Wheels are almost too nice to ride.

Beautifully colour matched to the Curry's sign in the background.

The saddle is a dog though IMHO.

Re: Brainwave!

hydorah":3mn271me said:
As your bike is being powder coated, you have the perfect opportunity to indulge in some frame coloured parts...

Looking at the frame I was struck by the GT-esque seat tube intersected by top tube, top tube ending a cap

I considered echoing this elsewhere; basically by buying a GT t-bone with the same look and painting it frame colour

You have the perfect opportunity for a complete match - I even mentioned GT stems in my stem want ad, that's how seriously I was considering it

It will set your apart from us lot, if you tried it - and pulled it off!

Yeah was thinking similar. When you say GT t-bone do you mean a GT flip flop stem or a Tioga t bone? Or is it one I am not aware of?

Tioga one here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ight=tbone

Here we go

I meant something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0737309413

I think TBone is just a nickname for the GT stems where the column of the stem is intersected by the extension...

RB member 'ishaw' is very kindly karma-ing me a GT flip flop (which I'd never encountered before), so I'll send you a pic of this when it arrives, if it might suit your build - Not seen it yet

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back