And today I did......

kaya":1btd1lr7 said:
Velo hope your feeling better tomorrow mate, you know it WILL start to get better at some point. The Macretro rides will be a poorer experience if your not there, so chin up have a sleep and stay positive ;)

Gaz welcome to the old mans club :LOL: ibuprofen is your new friend :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: your not kidding, and this is no country for old yins!

Gazz - Salsa - Ibrox Heaven Old Boy :cool:

Health - woke up a couple of weeks ago with sore ankle so assumed I'd sprained it slightly when walking dog at beach in darkness one evening. Tripped slightly so thought that was it. However - appears the onset of ARTHRITIS!!!! which started knawing a finger a few years back has now moved to ankle. Pish. :evil:

mikee":39zyj6er said:
DR rob diagnosed i have sciatica today :roll:

Sciatica is hellish. I love the struggle to get my socks on some mornings. And the old wives tales about your joints seizing up in cold weather is true, I have real problems with my knees in winter as well.

I'm not going to give in though, just adapt to what I can do and accept that recovery takes longer than it used to.

Today I... swapped the cog on the fixie. Now sporting a high geared 44x16 (74.25" gear ratio).

Toiled going up the cycle path round the base of Arthur's seat (Holyrood to Newington).

Good grief, 74 point something inches, my knees would snap :shock:

I ride a really low 2:1 on my fixie, however I also ride off road at low speed. Fixie's are great right up to the point you forget how quiet they are and nearly cause an old dear to die on the spot as you shoot past. Must remember to use my bell :roll:

Built a rather weird mtb at the weekend although I wasn't fit enough to ride it but have since sorted that.

I built my fat tubed Claud Butler up as a SS but then fitted a BMX stem and bars. Result short reach and upright comfy ride position. Bike looks like a giant BMX. Best bit is its great fun to ride be it slowly, handles well and can even get it airborne. Just need to squeeze in my fat tyres for that BMX look.

No pics, I'll just get laughed at by the retro snobs for my neon Fuscia Pink huge BMX :LOL:

Back