Raleigh 'Services des Courses' 753R Team Panasonic *UPDATED*

Looks amazing.

Any chance you'd manage to post more pics. I'd love to see a lot more of it please.

Teriffic build.

Cool,

Thanks for that Dave, very enjoyable reading.

I've just started a Raleigh build, so of good interest to me.

Thanks again.

aye, gorgeous! we used to sell these in the 80s - a couple of us in the shop owned raleigh panasonic 753 bikes - i had one with super record and my colleague one identical to yours. i was a diehard campag fan and he was a brown noser who sold shimano stuff 'cos the big boss made a bigger profit on it! mind you, if i'm honest the shimano gears did work whereas the campag ones were a complete health hazard!!! :shock:

rusty :D

Thanks for everyones comments! I've added more photos but I apologise for the quality - it's overcast here today.

i was a diehard campag fan and he was a brown noser who sold shimano stuff 'cos the big boss made a bigger profit on it! mind you, if i'm honest the shimano gears did work whereas the campag ones were a complete health hazard!!!

It was allways said "Campag wears in, Shimano wears out" :LOL:

How much?!

I was just thinking and i remember we sold the services des courses 753R frame and forks for £495 around 1986 or so with the complete bike going for around £1500 rrp. What do you have your bike insured for or if you were selling it what would your asking price be? just being totally nosey that's all!! LOL

Re: How much?!

rusty bodie":ths8exlj said:
I was just thinking and i remember we sold the services des courses 753R frame and forks for £495 around 1986 or so with the complete bike going for around £1500 rrp. What do you have your bike insured for or if you were selling it what would your asking price be? just being totally nosey that's all!! LOL

Hi Rusty, I've no idea what it's true worth is as I believe that value is subjective, I'm happy with what I paid for it as it's what I wanted. I'd like to think that if I was to sell it I'd get around £5-600?

Cheers :D

yup, your bike is a beauty and well worth every penny.

i'm currently looking for a nice retro road bike for my girlfriend so please let me know if you ever decide to sell as this is just what the directeur sportif ordered!!

best regards,
rusty :)

Back