FEB RIDE- SETTLE TO MALHAM - Aftermath

Lows: Some nasty mechanicals, no traction & not being able to walk this morning...

High's: Turned out to be a fun ride, seeing some faces becoming more familiar and some nice bikes on show.

Thanks to all who helped arrange it - looking forward to the next one already!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 557
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 557
What you trying to say :LOL:

good pics people. Even though the weather was far from ideal, i really enjoyed the ride and the company.

We must pencil this ride in for this summer as the views are stunning.

Looks like fun yesterday, sorry to have missed it, my man cold got the better of me i'm afraid to say. See you all at the next one.

sinnett177":1cuut7gc said:
Looks like fun yesterday, sorry to have missed it, my man cold got the better of me i'm afraid to say. See you all at the next one.

Seems to have fixed mine at last! :p :LOL:

Sure you weren't just tempted away...?

road-to-nowhere.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

elPedro666":3omza2cl said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
That's the face of a man wondering 'how the hell did I end up here?!' if ever I saw one...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's the face of a man wondering 'why the hell did I waste my cash on a bloody Syncros seat post?' :evil: :oops:

Thanks for the organising dudes for a great ride and thanks to Brocklanders for the lifts. It didn't look like it was going to start auspiciously with horrible weather and deep snow and some weird breakages but it was sound.
Snow was a bit strange though, there wasn't any the day before there was tons yesterday and now it's all gone even from the tops; maybe we all imagined it. Also the only ride where I stayed on on the track but fell off the road, ploughing off the tarmac bit into a ditch filled with even more “white matter”. That's not how these things are meant to work!

mrlee":2h1271ns said:
i must admit getting a bit carried away on the last descent home, a foot wide track in snow on tarmac at 37 mph heading in to chicane with canti's was so much fun :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i hope no one was following ;) cheers lads really enjoyed today ,
Lee

I missed this post earlier, let me see if I can set the picture, a load of blokes on bikes up to 25yrs old, cantis and U brakes (scaredy cats on Vs) and a scattering of maguras. Knobbly tyres of various ages. Put before them a 2.6ml long 800ft descent (36ft of climb :) ) and what do they do. Not what they should have!

It is probably a road the council have a lot of pride in, great tarmac and well kept, except we didn't know that, we could only see two black lines about 1ft wide 2ft apart. Well off we went, me with my friend Gay Abandon, down this road, and well it got quicker and quicker and a right turn, some Mr Lee airborne!, a left, a very worried Saxo driver. More speed and the road losing it's snow; Some lovely long rights and lefts and then some Mr Lee for it is he! signalling frantically that something was ahead. And there was! a sharp 90 left and sharp 90 right, for a part of that I must have been in some control, but I don't recall it!

Anyway safely to the bottom and smiles wider than any Cheshire cat could have summoned up.

A great thanks then to MrLee who had the foresight and wits that when it was/could have gone wrong he thought about those behind. I thank you.

Back