Spooky Bandwagon

a bit of progress on my orange Metalhead, (very slow build, sorry)...

orangespookyhub.jpg

orangespookystem.jpg

orangespookysprocket.jpg

Might have to give it it's own thread when I get it all together.

Aero, looked all over, but no luck on the NY stickers...thought I had a stash, but no dice...sorry. Looks like you might have a good shot at getting them straight from Mickey though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. How is the better half enjoying her ride so far

Steve

That is nice :D

Stick it in the 1998 onwards for sale and I'm sure you'll get quite a bit of interest in it.

I don't think you can beat a black bandwagon with orange Z1s as the ultimate retro jump/slalom/play bike. M952 XTR, Avid arch rivals or Hope pro brakes, D521s and Tioga DH 2.3f and 2.1r. DMR saddle, azonic shorty stem and "3 riser bars. Oh, I'm dreaming again.

If I didn't have frames coming out of my ears you's have PM by now!

Spooky Bandwagon Disc Mount

Hi! Sorry for dragging up an old thread, I stumbled across this website whilst searching for parts for my Spooky Bandwagon rebuild. As well as my DH bike I owned one between 1999 and 2001 before it was sadly stolen and the fallout that folllowed resulted in my exit from competitive cycling, namely SAMS DH, NPS and Pedalhounds. Needless to say over 10 years later after finally getting a proper job, married, a mortgage and having our son I still couldn't shake the itch and have sourced myself another Bandwagon frame! I'm currently in the process of stripping down the numerous poorly applied resprays and happy to say its structurally 100% underneath. The majority of the original spec parts I had I've managed to source (Hope C2's, Bomber Z1's, Tioga Cube stem, riser bars and short DH saddle), the one exception being the confounded rear disk mount and the Hope adapter. As mentioned in previous posts i've tried both Spooky and Hope direct, and indeed trawled eBay for months without success, Can anyone on here please help a 30 something ex DH and trail rider realise a dream????

Bandwagon C2 mount

Hey Fella!

He may hate me for saying this, but the guy named 'squiffy' got me the frame disc mount! I offered to hive him some money but he was too kind! Thanks again Squiffy! ...a genuinely nice guy! We need more like him in this world... Anyway... If you ask him and offer to recompense him, he may be able to help you!?

I hope this helps! [/quote]

Thanks! I didn't want to wade straight in and messaging people without saying hello and giving a bit of back story first, seems kinda rude I guess? Will give squiffy a shout if you think he'll be cool with that? Many thanks :)

All hail squiffy!

• Ha! It's squiffy! Apologies Squiffy if you're reading this, as I've sent someone your way.. But I know it tool me 18 months to find the solution, so its really credit to you sir! Thanks again!
    Kieran

Kieran, i've been in touch with Squiffy, many thanks bro, he's very kindly helping me out if he can. Properly stoked about this, really was beginning to think this was a non starter!

Now to another slightly less life or death decision, what to do about the frame finish or lack there of! I'm torn between polishing up the bare aluminium and then having her lacquered, or going for her being sprayed up with the khaki finish? What are peoples thoughts/suggestions? Whilst I love the original black of my first Bandwagon, as a special restoration I feel this needs a special finish! On that note I might give Geally a shout and find out who did the Union Jack/Stars & Stripes paintjob on his Metalhead that was sadly stolen at a world cup, wonder where that bike is today????

Back