FEB RIDE- SETTLE TO MALHAM - Aftermath

Really good day today chaps, thanks for the company. Shame I couldn't complete the route but that's what happens when you buy top end blingy kit :roll: Having riden those hills in summer it's defo worth a re-vist. I was happy to stay in the pub with the stunning view though ;)

Big thanks to Graham for joining me on the lonely trudge from the Tarn to the pub and to Rich for the company to and from Settle.

I think we all learned today that Syncros seat posts = bad. Here's the few pictures I got, I'll look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Thanks to all who braved the Great British weather and made it day to remember :cool:
There were Big climbs, snow, snapping chains, bum cleavage and the possibility of the for sale forum being swamped with broken syncros seat posts. :LOL:
Here's a few pics and a link to the rest of the album, hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed being there :cool:

This was the only time I was in-front of Mr Crumb
IMG_3623.jpg

Moody sky's
IMG_3631.jpg

DSP plays stinky finger :shock:
IMG_3638.jpg

Beautiful views
IMG_3653.jpg

Heading home
IMG_3657.jpg

Thanks for looking and here's a link to the rest of the album http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... ed%20snow/

See you all on the next one ;) (Kake run 19th of March)

Despite the weather i had another fantastic ride out up north, getting used to the snow and hills too as we just dont have them in Birmingham.
I did manage to get home safely but not without event, some bint in front of me in a merc slams on her brakes to avoid some nonse who had also slammed on his brakes in front of her, they had ABS, alas i did not slid the last 10 metres and rear ended her. My old car aint worth getting fixed, but on a positive note im gonna be on my bike a lot more until i can buy a new one :cry: :cry:

Ahh well, still well worth it and no regrets which says something about how good these rides are,

Thanks once again for having me fella's as an honorary member of NWA, and big big thank you to Elpedro and Kiran for their hospitality and Kaya for looking after us up there.

lerds a pics to follow

Cheers :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• woo hoo.jpg
    woo hoo.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 505
  • was it 15 or 16 riders.jpg
    was it 15 or 16 riders.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 505
  • wait by the gate.jpg
    wait by the gate.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 505
  • up hill and snowy.jpg
    up hill and snowy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 505
and some more

Attachments

• smile bikes.jpg
    smile bikes.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 503
  • slick slidy snow mud.jpg
    slick slidy snow mud.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 503
  • off again.jpg
    off again.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 503
  • looking back.jpg
    looking back.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 503
and some more, sorry should get me a flicker account :oops: :oops:

Attachments

• hill stream.jpg
    hill stream.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 501
  • hardcore army boots and lycra.jpg
    hardcore army boots and lycra.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 501
  • gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 501
  • bike of the ride photographed.jpg
    bike of the ride photographed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 501
and my personal favourites.

Elpedro gets a dressing down from Kaya for being non period correct ( it really does look like hes being told off i think).

The demon sheep

Drystone Paul wrongly believed that the secret of him weeing like a girl would be kept hidden by the mist :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• demon sheep.jpg
    demon sheep.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 500
  • elpedro told off.jpg
    elpedro told off.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 500
  • paul wees like a girl.jpg
    paul wees like a girl.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 500
and my least favourite

still coming to the Kake run but might have to rely on the kindness of others to meet me from a train up north somewhere if i cant get a car in time

Attachments

• ahh boo.jpg
    ahh boo.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 499

Latest posts

Back