And today I did......

I only have 18 cogs so just a tad to big for me- thought about it at Pits but my tiny wee legs would struggle- 36 is my limit.

mikee":2r01mlg8 said:
is the word kahuna not missing from that kaiser ?
my pal shirley's got a queen kahuna , in pink

basically a dawg frame , quite good in a bouncy way (the bike :roll: )

Nah just 'The King'

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/kona/the-king-2007

http://www.konabikeworld.com/bikes/2k7/ ... e_King.pdf

got it home and it is rather tasty, near as dammit mint, a spoke to fix and a wee drag on the rear brake. Wee bit of corrosion on some bolts too. Well chuffed as it was a super bargain :D :D

Sounds good and looks a fair bit of fun - just curious - what is the benefit of that type of suspension over single pivot designs? Does it take the bumps more, is there less pedal bob? Trying to justify not going that route in the future.

AFAIK multi link design should be more refined, tuned for bump size and a better travel path. Should minimise pedal bob to an extent and brake jack. But there are still single pivot designs, most notably Orange who are still highly regarded.

Gazz you got a full pic of that bike yet??

Nice bike K :cool:

Been looking for a set of new forks for the Zaskar, not happy with the Bomber Z3 Light things on it (getting slow in action and pretty flexy), PM'd a seller on here about a nice set of MAG 21's but he never got back to me :roll: , also just missed a nice set of Z2 Bombers, expressed interest in the thead but forgot to dib so they had gone by the time i finished work :roll: , trying my damnedest to spend my money but failing :LOL:

Ventured onto E-bay where i found quite a few suitable Z2 Bombers for sale, made the mistake of stumbling into some Orange frames though, spotted a nice wee Gringo, could picture building it with a nice set of modern forks and discs, so have went from buying a set of better forks for the Zaskar which would have been sensible to maybe buying a frame and building another bike i need like a hole in the heed :roll:

well today i went out on the maico and bumped into some older guys on trails bikes , one of the guys had a shot of the maico and made me an offer there and then for it , he's left a £200 deposit for it and will be back for it next sunday :cool:

that and i half cleared out the cave today and found some nice things i'd forgot about :D

jimihendrix":2wyojvtk said:
Ventured onto E-bay where i found quite a few suitable Z2 Bombers for sale, made the mistake of stumbling into some Orange frames though, spotted a nice wee Gringo, could picture building it with a nice set of modern forks and discs, so have went from buying a set of better forks for the Zaskar which would have been sensible to maybe buying a frame and building another bike i need like a hole in the heed :roll:

Buy eck's coyote, perfect for what your describing!

Went to the match, which was nice, but I have slowly been developing a cold since I came back. Unless it clears up quickly no riding for me this weekend :(

Back