Can anyone I.D. this Bianchi frame

headtube

Old School Hero
One inch head tube. Lugged BB with oval tubing at the down tube. Uno Zero Dedacciai tubeset. Italian made. Is it authentic?

Does anyone know the year?
Thanks.

Attachments

• BianchiHeadTube.jpg
    BianchiHeadTube.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3,300
  • luggedBianchiBB.jpg
    luggedBianchiBB.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,299
  • MR-BianchiFrame-small.jpg
    MR-BianchiFrame-small.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 3,300
Definitely the real thing.

Seen them in Bianchi dealerships round 94-96. Always quite fancied them actually.

Dedacciai Zero Uno, as the sticker says, is based around the 18MCDV6 steel alloy. Dedacciai started as a company when some key Columbus employees flew the coop and started up on their own.

It's a heat treated steel alloy in a similar vein to Reynolds 853. It was widely used on road bikes around the same period, but not something you see very often on MTBs.

i would guess the big giveaway is the cast bianchi bottom bracket shell
bianchi celeste blue is THE colour for bianchi,in the way that ferrari's are red bianchis are celeste
didn't miguel martinez ride for bianchi martini in the 90's??? and i think his dad rode for them in the 60's + 70's and won the king of the mountains comp in the tour de france
bianchi also have a strong history of mtb ing right back to the early days unlike lots of the other high end italian frame builders who have just decided that mtb might not go away and jumped on the bandwagon

the bike is from 1997 or 1996, you can recognize it from the red-black stripes - it was when Martini racing was the main sponsor. The frame is a middle range - zerouno was the cheaper version of thew zero tubes...

whow that is beautiful

Stunning frame..If its in your hands? keep hold of it and build up with some shiny parts :D

I remember when yo-eddy had a frame by Bianchi. That one was tig'ed though. It was very light. When dropping it of a building, it would probably fell down like a leaf.

Great looking piece.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it is in my hands and I will be building it up.

But here's the thing. I was told that this frame was a repaint and not a Reparto Corse frame. It is certainly not a 96-97 year as they were tig welded with no lugs with a 1-1/8" head tube. I would place this as a 93-94 but wondered about the "Martini Racing" package. The decals do not look like they have been added to the frame because they are aged; and some are under the clear coat. On the other hand, I was told that the "stamped" BB was a dead give-a-way that it was Reparto Corse.

This has become a mystery that I HAVE to solve and would love to know the lineage of this frame. I have emailed Bianchi and hope to get a reply, but any other info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Got some news from a Bianchi rep...

He says..." It's a 1995 maybe early 1996. It's always hard to nail down some of the frame years because Bianchi was always making changes from month to month at that time.
The lug is called Super Set. They phased it out at the end of 1995...., but it may be a 1996 because Bianchi used Columbus tubing in 1995 and switched to Deda in 1996. So my best guess is late 1995. "

Back