Styff carbon forks

mattball

Dirt Disciple
Hello, I just picked up a set of these forks for my Ibis Szazbo. They are very nice & light air forks. My question is does anyone know anything at all about them. I cant find much online. the lowers are carbon with aluminum dropouts & the brace is carbon as well.

thanks for any info.

Matt

did styfe make a full carbon fork? I know they made fork lowers. it could be styfe lowers on rockshox judy steerer/crown/stantions. it looks to have englund air internals.

styff

scant":15hgcl0d said:
did styfe make a full carbon fork? I know they made fork lowers. it could be styfe lowers on rockshox judy steerer/crown/stantions. it looks to have englund air internals.

I think you may be right. I was just looking at an advertisement for Styff and the picture only shows the lowers.

Here's the pictures by the way:

Attachments

• styff.jpg
    styff.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,599
  • styff2.jpg
    styff2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,599
Looked at these the other day and my very first impression was that they were RST XMO uppers with the Styfe carbon lowers fitted.

Have since found an article on the XMO and the top parts and adjusters look identical so pretty sure that is what they are ;)

kermitgreenkona88":1bxn9l19 said:
Have since found an article on the XMO and the top parts and adjusters look identical so pretty sure that is what they are ;)

I'm no expert on RST forks. but I'm fairly certain that the XMO also used the same englund air internals, so yes the top caps & adjusters would look the same.

I know I've got a MBA mag somewhere with a styfe advert picturing the forks.. just have to find it.

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. I'm wondering though if they are safe to ride. the have no damage on close inspection but am leery of carbon, not from personal experience. i've used carbon monkey bar for years on an off topic bike with no problems. Again, thanks for the info.

Matt

Does anybody know what has happened to "Styff" as a company ?
(Is/was there probably any connection to Pace ?)

Back