Raceface BB for modern build

pete_mcc":3iz3ddvr said:
And it's not a race face, it's either FSA or Truativ, but I can't remember at the moment and the girlfriend's parent's dogs are guarding the bike cupboard so I can't check now without evoking the wrath of two smelly 12 year old spaniels who, once awake, will raise the neighbourhood, blood things.

If it´s titanium, it´s gotta be FSA.

Jez, if you need help, it´s easy for me to get FSA, Truvativ and RF BB´s, new or used.

PM me if needed.

Cheers.

jez-2-many-bikes":3qkvlgiy said:
Shoot them.

Far more important things at stake.

I don't think that would have any effect, they smell and leak so bad I think they are undead dogs, like those ones from that Resident evil film (except less energetic and a bit more lumpy and wheezy)

Best option for an ISIS B/B that doesn't die of bearing failure in 3 seconds is SKF.

I personally still prefer square taper- the bearings tend to last better than ISIS, they don't bugger up the chainline like external bearings and I've never destroyed a set of tapers in 15 years. Maybe I need to get stronger... :LOL:

Please setter clear of ti FSA seen too many break! SKF is probably tops! Although I have had a KOOKA one for a while with roller bearings and its been fantastic :D

Attachments

• prod_thu_35443.jpg
    prod_thu_35443.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,395
Square taper

I have never messed up with square taper or ever had a problem..If it aint broke......blah,blah etc..Has soon as the industry started oversizing and changing the traditional design things started going pear shaped :(
My first experience of RACEFACES new all in one system was 3 bottom brackets in 6 months :x Jez ,if you can stick to square taper..Get a PHIL WOOD bracket or UN-72-73 cant go wrong :D

I just bought some race face LP cranks , with the carbon , I hope the BB will last .

Isis BB

I've got a new Kcnc BB which would suit.
Triple sealed bearings,and they're replaceable.189g inc crank bolts.
What do you all honestly think of these BB's?
It's lying around in it's box,should anyone want it.

splined

The splined fad happened when jumping and big drop offs became the latest must do. Square tapers split left right and centre, But then isis/octolink bearings don't last 5 seconds, solved one problem started another External bb's knacker all the chain lines up and again don't last 5 minutes. If you want strong, go for a set of DMR with a Ti axle, these will stand the abuse. Crank Bros do an isis drive now that is supposed to last, but its dear!

Back