kona frame please help.

SJ could you do me a favour and take a zoomed in pic of whichever of the Race Light decals are in the best condition please? I need some made up...

Many thanks (and welcome, by the way),

Geoff

Hi Geoff, if his stickers aren't in good enough shape, I can probably get a close-up of some good contition Race Light decals. I believe there are still a couple of old Konas kicking around my friends bike shop with those decals.

i stand corrected - i though the 94 bikes were the last ones with the swirly headtube logo?
obvioulsly wrong...

I only have 2 pics from 95 (hard to find the 95 and 96 catalogue), but you can just make out the swirly design on the headtube. Also, the writing on the downtube changed that year. 94 and before had the K of Kona in a circle....

race light decals

Geoff":8evhzgxz said:
SJ could you do me a favour and take a zoomed in pic of whichever of the Race Light decals are in the best condition please? I need some made up...

Many thanks (and welcome, by the way),

Geoff

Attachments

• kona6 003.JPG
    kona6 003.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 446
Kona Paul":1ftrqpiv said:
I only have 2 pics from 95 (hard to find the 95 and 96 catalogue), but you can just make out the swirly design on the headtube. Also, the writing on the downtube changed that year. 94 and before had the K of Kona in a circle....

That's not quite correct, I don't think (you're thinking of 93 I suspect) I have a 94 Fire Mountain, and it has the swirly maze thing on the head tube. Also, '94 Konas (including mine of course) had the blocky script (no circle round the K) on the downtube, as you can see from the 1994 catalogue on this site:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12229&g2_highlightId=12276

Personally, and of course I'm very biased :), I think that '94 was aesthetically the very best for Kona. The metallic paint finishes are just beautiful (particularly the lava dome green - I've always wanted one of those.)

Aren't we sad :D

Cheers,

AJ

I preferred the 95 Racelight decals to the 94, but agree on the 94 Lava Dome, what a colour!

thanks everyone for the info on my bike. :LOL:spent last night turning it into a singlespeed. hope my legs can handle it!!

Attachments

• kona9 002.JPG
    kona9 002.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 379
Back