Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Just managed to source a nice minty rear mech :cool: I hope this one makes it's way to me safely this time ...

In the mean time a couple of shots of a few NOS bits I have picked up that will be added to the build.

XT Thumbie top caps, bagged, with screws and protective film :cool: :

DSC05778.jpg

Lever boots :

DSC05813.jpg

Now I am happy with the forks they can finally wear their nice (pink :LOL:) stickers :

DSC05767.jpg

After looking around for a new cable guide and getting a nice shimano one (to find it didn't fit properly), then getting a nice  campag one (that didn't fit properly either) I ended up with the standard 007 that it came with :LOL: but I rounded the end off as when I removed it it had been rubbing on a weld, removed the zolotone and started some rust :-( :

DSC05717.jpg

It just might be done by summer ... :oops: :LOL:

WD :D

Look what the postman bought :cool: after customs had taken their slice :-( :LOL: (It came from the states) :

DSC05852.jpg

DSC05854.jpg

This is how it arrived, it's not new, but very good condition :cool: just a little scratch on the black part but I think most of it will polish out ;-)

Then it will be metal polish on the alloy and fitment of the Ti bolt and bullseye jockeys :D

It might actually be finished for spring :cool: (maybe summer :LOL:)

I just read the whole thread looking for that finished picture, come on surely it's finished now? Although your attention to detail is amazing. :D

spike3":yu237zfn said:
I just read the whole thread looking for that finished picture, come on surely it's finished now? Although your attention to detail is amazing. :D

20pages and no money shot, you must be gutted! :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don’t think it will get done this weekend either :oops:

Saturday morning will be spent trying to match the finish of the Marin’s Ti bits all over the frame and accessories for the Airborne - I am guessing the rest of the weekend will be family time :D

what a great building thread! Truly inspiring. Makes me want to search my partsbin just to see if there are parts that I can polish! Makes me want to start meditation excercises to grow some patience too...

Back