February 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good to see a really high class of bikes this month, and some really unusual entries.

I have had a look at the build thread for the KILLI and am in love with the powder coat finish on this one. I have been trying to get my powder coater to try with some glitter lately, but he has not been able to find a really fine multi colour glitter that i want.

The Lloyd is special too. Will you just look at the colour scheme, a great representation of the Union flag on a bike of the Union. The frame design is so out there even Mulder gives it an odd look.

I just dunno...... :?

For a novice and someone who has only really been drawn to mountain bikes from this site I am still learning here. I have fell in love with the klunkers in that time and the ones here are amazing so maybe its the sign of a major shift in my shiny chrome psyche or something more substantial, but I am drawn to that luminous Klein like smeagol! What is happening to me?... :?

Brad":cz65bewy said:
Will be a very hard vote again... lot of nice bikes.

But my vote will go for Trip's Merlin Elevator... I dreamed of this bike!!!

Your taste is really good mate, haha :LOL: Thanks for your kind words, you allready now that if you want to ride it you just have to drive your car about 4 hours ;)

my Klein Rascal, year 93 (test bike series)[

URL=http://img641.imageshack.us/i/vale077.jpg/]
vale077.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I'll add mine in and see what happens.

For those who haven't seen it, it was pretty much a full restoration which was an enjoyable thing for me to do. I learnt a lot in the process.

I also had a theme when I built it which was to make the most of what I had. Most of the parts were knackered and required work to get them usable and looking ok.

For anyone interested, here's the thread, more pics there:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Phone700.jpg

Phone699.jpg

Nice kona that ally, i know how much effort you put into this and what a lovely looking job you done on it :cool: :cool: :cool:

having read the build thread, so do i now.

think he should drill the nukeproof hubs though :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back