ciocc

i was wondering what age, i hope it's not too much later i was planning to use it for the eroica in October, it does say '84 on it, but i'm wondering if its a celebration of a previous victory or some such, from memory it says designer '84(its away having a head set fitted, one of the jobs i don't have too much confidence in myself, after my local shop wrecked a cinelli frame by trying to fit too bigger bearing set, good shop though and he was only trying to be helpful)

Oh dear, do you think the Eroika scrutineers will mind too much.
Mine has no top tube cable guides and the rear mech cable appears out of the chain stay so i think it will be a bit later than those

ciocc 1984

i have the same frame but cant find any images, when i do search for 84 images they all have guides on the top tube for the brake cables which would suggest it is a later frame!! mine is madeup of Campag and shimano, i will post a list of parts if it will help!!

I hope I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that tube routed cables were not allowed at l'eroica?

AFAIK Eroica does not go for internally routed cables, could always use external cable guides....

Frame looks a bit like my early 90's Moser made from Oria tubing...

Shaun

ciocc frame

is Moser a model from Ciocc? i think it is a later frame but nobody seems to be able to date it exactley!!! thanks

My Moser is exactly that.......an F Moser :)

What I meant to say was that it has build similarities with the Ciocc which would place the Ciocc at a later build date that the OP first thought.

Shaun

To alleviate any worries at L'eroica, there is no scrutineering as such and it's down to individuals to keep to the 'spirit' of the event - apart from non-aero brake levers, toe clips and straps there are no real restrictions. The guy who danced passed me on the first climb wearing Sidi carbon shoes and clipless pedals wasn't going to 'enjoy' himself as much as 9 hours in 1980s lace up shoes and toeclips that felt like 6 inch nails through your feet ;-)

Back