lets see your khs's

I used to love KHS was trying to get hold of a Solo One soft tail for a while.
KHS+Solo+One+2.jpg

rienster":3bxtf5g2 said:
Doesn't anyone on here have the softtail? Remeber seeing one in orange. Not sure if they are any good, but they certainly were a lot more affordable than the Ritchey's and DeKerf's.

I have an orange Comp ST frame sat in the corner looking sorry for itself. It will get built this year :D

thanks for pic
would make great wallpaper lol
which reminds me must get some honest muck on this bike!

Heres my 93 KHS Montana Pro..........

I bought it new in 93, rode it for 18 months and then stripped it to build into my Yo Eddy. The frame has sat in my garage loft since. I pulled it out after seeing Dr S's Retro mod Eddy and decided to build it up to use as my winter bike. I had the frame blasted and powder coated as it was showing signs of some surface rusting. I removed the canti bridge for a cleaner back end and then fitted 2011 xtr V's and levers. The gears are a 950 xtr mech and the original xt front. I've put a Middleburn Duo on the front with a Chris King bottom bracket, and a gold King 1" headset. The forks are either a set of RC 38 Airforce Pace's with 60 mm travel, or a pair of rigid Exotic carbons. Wheels are black Hope hubs laced to Mavic 717 rims with gold nipples for that bit of bling. The stem and post are Thomson and the bars are a pair of Xlite carbon risers.

The bike rides really well, the back end is nice and springy and the whole thing whips around single track like a ferret up a pair of trousers.

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes095.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes096.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes097.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes098.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes099.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes127.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes126.jpg

grd":5l5avisx said:
Heres my 93 KHS Montana Pro..........

the back end is nice and springy and the whole thing whips around single track like a ferret up a pair of trousers.
:LOL: Couldn't have put that better myself, they're bloody awesome frames :D

Hard to believe that your frame is the same as mine, it looks so different at a first glance very modern looking, then you start to notice the tell tale signs, the drop outs, the cable routing, the seat post clamp... Top work on your rebuild!

Since I fitted the stem and bars you supplied for my '93 Montana Pro it's made the bike fit me perfectly and the handling is now really nimble.

PS I still owe you that Coffee, I couldn't find you after the ride @ Cannock

Glad you like it. I'll wheel it out for one of the national rides later in the year and we'll sort out the coffee then.

Haven't made up my mind yet. I quite like the plain white. I think it has a "D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X." feel to it.

I do know that our resident decal guru Gil does not have any KHS decals on file, so getting the proper decals could be quite tricky unless someone completely redraws them

Back