A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

As a Kona owner myself (7 at the last count), I was quite annoyed at that statement too and gave myself quite a berating, but then I remembered, who cares what Kona owners think.

I think possibly as a general rule, if you need to put "Sorry for the bluntness" ahead of a comment, there's probably scope to rephrase the comment ;)

Lovely bike :D

Update

Not done much to the Zinn over last few week except replace the way too

short grips with some NOS ATI's, swap the cages for some S/steel KING's

and give it a polish.

Just done a 30 mile mixed ride on it. It rides like a road bike with the

stretched position. And i bet i averaged about 15-16 mph while out! :LOL:

I picked up some Renthal bars to swap for the 3T Pro comps that are on

it. But decided after a closer look that they are in great condition and dont

really need swapping out. I need some tips on getting better quality

pictures :?: I have to use the lowest setting on the camera to download

on here..! Any tips from anyone will be taken on-board & valuable.

Attachments

• Zinn update 146.jpg
    Zinn update 146.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,843
  • Zinn update 141.jpg
    Zinn update 141.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,843
  • Zinn update 140.jpg
    Zinn update 140.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,843
You've done very well with the pictures then.
Are you saying you don't have any means of re-sizing the pics on your computer ? You might get a bit more control over image dimensions and compression by using pc software. Also if you can do that then you can use higher settings on your camera and you will be able to experiment and see more clearly what the different pc software settings do, safe in the knowledge that there is an "undo" option. All the same, excellent pics.

p.s. agree the Morgan comparison is more suitable, but lets not forget that the British Leyland efforts only really adversely affected Triumph after/around the oil crisis when they started to detune everything in the name of economy.

Great bike, just beautiful. Lucky man, very jealous..
Good thread too, eye candy yet informative (with the odd scuffle too). Bit like a night out in West St :)

Great bike, never knew anything about Zinn's before this thread. I think its good to be patriotic in a positive way about British engineering.

And I've always liked that colour - looks Pimento Red as per my 1976 TR6 ;-)

But what do I know - I'm colour blind and ride an Explosif !!!

I don't often comment on other people's bikes, but that is one bike I would love to own. Cool as :cool:

Back