World Champs 1988 Switzerland pics

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Tim Gould going for it on his Chas Roberts built Peugeot in there too.

Attachments

• race2lo.jpg
    race2lo.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,031
  • racelo.jpg
    racelo.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 3,030
  • timlo.jpg
    timlo.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,029
  • uklo.jpg
    uklo.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 3,026
Cool. But weren't the first Worlds held in '90?

Do you know where in Switzerland this was? Looks familiar to me.

sylvain":3q7g1gq4 said:
Cool. But weren't the first Worlds held in '90?

Do you know where in Switzerland this was? Looks familiar to me.

Yeah i thought that, but it states world championships in (I think - but i left it at work) Verbier.

Congrats on your photo entry in ST by the way Sylvain. Very nice.

Yeah that was 1988 in Verbier ...

- the boxy thing is a swiss made ATZ - they made "bolt-on to your rigid fork" suspension forks aswell that swiss rider Phillipe Perakis rode to fictory at the Kamikaze in 1990 or was it 1991 ?

- Tomac, Overend and Mike Kloser were there - as was Sarah Ballentine (Pic 3)

- it was an inofficial Worlds payed for by GRUNDIG because the UCI wasn't in back then - nothing really bad iff you ask me ...

- Grundig sponsored the first international MTB race series for years to follow ...

regards

Martin

Yeah i thought that, but it states world championships in (I think - but i left it at work) Verbier.
Yep, the view in the last photo is familiar from doing Verbier-Grimentz Cristalp too many times :D

Congrats on your photo entry in ST by the way Sylvain. Very nice.
Thanks, photo's a bit dark and looked better on a screen than in print. Disappointed they didn't run them full-page too!

The guy in the middle front is obviously 'board' by it all. either that or some one has just stood on his hand :LOL:

Also in the second picture. In front of the 'box' bike. Where did that guy come from? cracking mustache :LOL: And is he sticking his tongue out :shock: Also a cracking crash hat

Latest posts

Back