clipless pedals

wilfh

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone
if you've seen my previous thread I've recently aquired an ernie clements (I know I'm repeating myself but I'm very pleased with myself so bear with me) that has been dated thanks to the nice people on here to early 90's.

I would like to try some period clipless pedals as I'm used to the road spd's and aren't very keen on the toe clips. As I was running around in short trousers at that time I have no idea as to what I should be looking at so any suggestions gratefully received.

cheers
Wilf

The current shimano offering is SPD -SL but there was SPD-R with the 9 speed group, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dura-Ace-Pedals- ... 4cf50e01e4
and SPD (road single sided)with the early 90s 8 speed , prior to that was Shimanos licenced version of the look delta pedal (the famous lance pedals)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bhill22":1sjwzj3k said:
Are those first generation look pedals collectable? (if so get in contact)

In perfect nick maybe ? but even slightly used ones go for bugger all on eBay

Early 90's: solidly clipless by then.

I've got 3 or 4 pairs of used but serviceable LOOK delta pedals knocking around. Yours for the postage.

Any preferences on colour? I've got silver, dark metallic ruby red and flat purple/blackcurrant. The cleats are still easily available for under £10, just don't buy LOOK Keo ones, they're different.

PM if interested, (Only the red ones now available £5.)

IMG_7851.jpg

All the best,

wilfh":3tkqacfh said:
Hello everyone
if you've seen my previous thread I've recently aquired an ernie clements (I know I'm repeating myself but I'm very pleased with myself so bear with me) that has been dated thanks to the nice people on here to early 90's.

I would like to try some period clipless pedals as I'm used to the road spd's and aren't very keen on the toe clips. As I was running around in short trousers at that time I have no idea as to what I should be looking at so any suggestions gratefully received.

cheers
Wilf

a nice picture i saw

Attachments

• shimano cleat diagram.gif
    shimano cleat diagram.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 752
Back