Saracen Hazard Project

Davey

Old School Hero
Not sure if this is retro enough (2000/01) but Its my current project :)

Faniced a FSR bike, bought an old tired Hazard for peanuts so had the frame vapour blasted (it was white/black with USD triple forks)..

The frame its self is a light 6061 alloy, I've got a air shock to replace the heavy standard spring setup and some light weight manitou front forks.

Decided to go for a star silver on the frame with a black satin or the swing arm :) not decided on components yet but will probably go XT..

08112007276.jpg

08112007280.jpg

08112007286.jpg

08112007284.jpg

Just moved over to HVLP spraying and im happy with my first finish :D

Nice.

Could look good with all black components rather than XT (even though we all know xt is great).

Maybe Older XT, bit of a retro/ non retro build.

??

I was toying with the black Deore Components, but not sure yet :D trying to keep her light :D You're right though I do want to keep the whole black/silver theme :)

Will get the swing arm on tonight and set of temporary rims until I've decided what wheels I want :)

yeah, i'd try and keep it one or the other silver/ black. Deore's good as it's properly black or silver, but as you say, things like c'sets aren't that light. But at least cheap. :D

So nice building bikes from the ground up.

post a pic when finished.

This is my second one now.. Well happy with the Pine Mountain I re-built but I really enjoy the rough stuff and its just not up for the job, I was going to pilfer loads of parts from the Marin but I've decided to keep it in one piece and build this one from scratch (albeit I may nick the wheels)...

Started putting it back together..

09112007305.jpg

09112007306.jpg

Will be using differnt wheels with disc hubs, high roller 2.3 tyres and all black components :) oh and a longer stem! :D

Thanks mate :D

Cant wait to take it out on the rough stuff! Still undecided weather or not to go for a single ring crank or not :)

you sir, are an aesthete. (not that keen on the mudguards though IMO). But liking the black/ silver, espec the wheels - they look good.

Back