Retrobike National Series Event - Cannock Aftermath

What a great ride. The Monkey trail is a lot more knackering than the FtD.

I was asked to leave the chemist on the drive home when I went in in those shorts and all the mud running down my legs and said, "I'm not well. Do you have any Imodium?"

The bike was cleaned yesterday with the crank all but falling off when I lifted it up! It was another 5 bucket effort!

Thanks to the organisers and to Spencer for the beer! I 'happened to find myself in the area' today so popped in and am looking forward to drinking my purchases:
http://www.churchendbrewery.co.uk/home

I even managed to ride some of the rocky sections. I didn't mean to, the crappy cantilevers couldn't stop me in time to get off and walk.
Thanks again to all.

makster":3d62wfdd said:
drystonepaul":3d62wfdd said:
HarryCrumb claimed the bravery award for riding his 1988 Marin Palisades complete with it's under chainstay U-brake and gate like frame

I actualy found that my chainstay U-brake worked better that the canti's on the front :shock:
U-brakes.....they're the future ;)

I Heart U-brakes

Had a good ride really enjoyed the day. It seems you all enjoyed the beer, more can be found at Church End Brewery (it even has a bar open at weekends).

See you all again FOD. There will probably be more beer!

spencer13":3i076k1i said:
Had a good ride really enjoyed the day. It seems you all enjoyed the beer, more can be found at Church End Brewery (it even has a bar open at weekends).

See you all again FOD. There will probably be more beer!

Instant retroBIKE legend status for coming along with a keg :cool:
Top effort fella!

Right...a few pics and vids that I took on my phone :D

08f8e12d.jpg

94044b37.jpg

ce4b6c50.jpg

60e9e08c.jpg

6fccb10e.jpg

7720bc85.jpg

f174b808.jpg

Cant wait for the FOD now :D

just a picture showing how all the parts are doing that were given away at the cannock meeting and a big thank you just hope i can get it working okay for next meeting

For me the aftermath has only just finished. I found a good few grams of dust, sands and gravel in the Saracen's suddenly not turning headset.

Great ride everyone... :D

What do you mean it happened a week ago ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seems that working for the man has taken its toll on my sense of time. In any case it was great to catch up with a few old faces and get to know a few new ones.

Rember Ed, its a right after the level crossing :LOL:

Catch you all soon in the FOD... :cool:

Back