GT Lobo

Gadro":1b7yklm0 said:
As for the adaptor

Earlier STS Lobo's will need a Torque or Torsion Bar adaptor that fits onto the Rim Brake stud. Later ones then it's OEM I'm afraid as this mounts to the rear chainstay. Good hunting

The STS Lobo used a special Hope brake that mounted on the axle of a Big Un hub. The torque arm mounted to the chainstay, not the brake post. There was a 2 piece clamp made to fit the stay.

I still have the hub, the axle is approx 125mm to leave space for the brake to mount. For some reason I sold the brake on it's own a few years ago.

As far as them being fragile, I broke 2 front triangles, and the upper swingarm once.

Shiny Shiny

Here we are then people, my freshly refurbed Lobo. Its been a serious headf**k doing this, but persevered! I will be lashing a new atomlab wheel on the back as soon as i got the $$$.
Thanks to Mr Gil Montague foe the stickers, they look sick!
Thanks to Mr Pistola for the inspiration to polish it!
And thanks to Surface Solutions in Ninfield for doing the polish!

Attachments

• Lobo1.jpg
    Lobo1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,108
  • Lobo2.jpg
    Lobo2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,108
Baulz":fxyumngs said:
Gadro":fxyumngs said:
As for the adaptor

Earlier STS Lobo's will need a Torque or Torsion Bar adaptor that fits onto the Rim Brake stud. Later ones then it's OEM I'm afraid as this mounts to the rear chainstay. Good hunting

The STS Lobo used a special Hope brake that mounted on the axle of a Big Un hub. The torque arm mounted to the chainstay, not the brake post. There was a 2 piece clamp made to fit the stay.

I still have the hub, the axle is approx 125mm to leave space for the brake to mount. For some reason I sold the brake on it's own a few years ago.

As far as them being fragile, I broke 2 front triangles, and the upper swingarm once.

Here's a pic of my early Lobo showing the Torque arm mount. The early STS had brake studs so you could run rim brakes on them!! :shock: Later STS and Alloy Lobo's had the mount fitted to the driveside chainstay. If this is missing from the frame they are almost impossible to source :(

Attachments

• DSCF0815.JPG
    DSCF0815.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,069
  • DSCF0816.JPG
    DSCF0816.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 2,069
My Lobo for sale

My Lobo is for sale!
Hasn't been ridden off road at all since refurb.
Decided to buy a brand spanking new bike......Trek Scratch Air 8 anyoone?!!

Spec list is...
Easton bar/seatpost
Renthal grips
Avid elixir brakes
Deore shifter
Blackspire 50mm stem
Crank bros headset
Fox 36 Forks (Talas not working)
Atomlab/hope/maxxis high roller front wheel
Syncros/conti vertical rear
Middleburn rs7 cranks
Blackspire chainguide
Wellgo pedals
UN52 BB
XT mech
SDG seat

£600 ono

outta my price range...

stick it in the for sale section and ya may get a few hits..

i dont know how anyone could sell a lobo...lol

;) ;)

hi guys
ive been reading your posts
and it has got me all motivated to get my old lobo out of the garage and give her the tlc she needs!!!
did any one ever find out how or where to get the TEAM LOBO decals from ??

thanks for your help
scooter

scooter16":1uby4hht said:
hi guys
ive been reading your posts
and it has got me all motivated to get my old lobo out of the garage and give her the tlc she needs!!!
did any one ever find out how or where to get the TEAM LOBO decals from ??

thanks for your help
scooter

You cant get them, i scoured the net for weeks looking at every possible option, and the closest ones you can get, are the STS ones listed earlier. Obviously if you are a computer boffin you could do some recreations, but they aren't the most basic of decals!
There are a lot of retro GT decals on ebay you can get from the US which are cool, but id say forget trying to get legit Lobo ones.
Sorry!

im in the middle of photoshopping some up right now.. its taking quite a while like guys, but im a month or 2 they should be perfect.. Lobo DH 1000 decals..so watch this space.. ;)

What kind of rear brake mount is that? There's no torque arm and it wasn't on there in earlier photos. Where did you get it from?

lobo1_181.jpg

Latest posts

Back