Marin Mount Vision Pro (frame only at this stage)

Jacqueslemac

Dirt Disciple
I've been given a frame that I've worked out must be from 1999:

DSC_3536.jpg

It came with the seatpost but nothing else. The rest of the stuff on it I had laying around.

Any idea what these forks are?

DSC_3538.jpg

DSC_3542.jpg

And, if they're no good, what would be in keeping to match the rear?

DSC_3540.jpg

All advice gratefully received!

possibly magura rond forks ???

they look to be 80mm travel ones when you should be looking at 100/120mm i think
i like the colours of the frame, not seen one like that before. is it possible its a mix of two different frames? :?

The forks look like Lowish end Suntour XCM/XCR. The frame and rear shock are far better quality, I would get some Manitous, Rockshox or Marzocchis around 100mm travel they would suit much better. This was top of the range when new and would have been fitted with XTR :D

Nice frame :D

kermitgreenkona88":tal53l6q said:
The forks look like Lowish end Suntour XCM/XCR.

yeah those 'adjusters' certainly fit the bill
lowers look a bit different than i remember though but i think your right

yep, defo suntour forks, i think that's a shock upgrade though, a fox float RL (rebound and lockout) i don't think was standard but i maybe wrong.

keep an eye on the rear end though, the earlier models (than yours) had trouble with cracking which is why your version had more bracing on the swing arm.

should build up nice though. :)

I am also thinking this Frame is right, I am sure I have seen this colour combo before, and pretty sure it came with triple clamps as standard :?

Just been looking certainly looks like a 99 frame, and came with a Vanilla R as standard and Manitou SX carbon :D

Nice frame. :D

You should be looking at running about 80-100mm forks on it.

I've had a couple of Mount Visions and they ride very nicely. I ran mine with 80mm forks and they worked very well with the 100mm rear.

al.

Thanks for the useful replies.

So the fork is the next step. Any idea what size (diameter - it's 22cm long) steerer I should be looking for?

I always fancied the look of the Manitou forks above that of Rockshox, but I'm not too fussy!

Back