Retrobike National Series Event - Cannock Aftermath

Here are a few shots I managed to salvage from my knackered memory card:

RB-Cannock_00.jpg

The huge line up (minus a few photographers behind the cameras)

RB-Cannock_01.jpg

HarryCrumb claimed the bravery award for riding his 1988 Marin Palisades complete with it's under chainstay U-brake and gate like frame

RB-Cannock_02.jpg

One of the many immaculately clean and prepared bikes before the mud bath

RB-Cannock_03.jpg

Lovely old bikes strewn about with carefree abandon

RB-Cannock_04.jpg

Look at all those happy smiling faces

94Muirwoods08.jpg

Slightly self indulgent shot of own bike

And I also found this one amongst JB666's thousands of photos:

P1040443.jpg

Captured my 'tongue out and gurning like a simpleton' face pretty well, although I am a little concerned that the sequence of photos on his photostream appear to be zooming in on my crotch. I'm sure this is completely unintentional...

Anyway, I've been chipping mud off my bike and kit today along with rediscovering all the stuff I ended up buying or picking up yesterday.
Beer and bike parts clearly exploits a weakness in my psyche as I now have a chainset, a pair of wheels, chainrings, bash-guard, QR skewers, some NOS Shimano SIS 6 speed thumbies (just like the ones I bought back in '89), a lucky spanner, two lucky puncture repair kits and a pair of not so lucky left handed leather 'Mercury' mitts.

drystonepaul":3gsrz6pf said:
And I also found this one amongst JB666's thousands of photos:
The position of your left foot worries me on that last picture

Did anyone else have trouble getting the red Cannock mud out of the White stripe on the Retrobike Jersey?

It took me one whole hour to clear the mud from my bike in the dark!!

This explains why I had trouble with rear shifting, The 23 year old Exage Trail rear mech with already worn out bushes
P2120625.jpg

Check out the shoes
P2120623.jpg

Charlieboy28":3v4cl0ub said:
The food , premium grade sausage rolls and goats cheese caramelised onion and rocket mini quiche affairs that would put waitrose deli to shame.

Shameless plug, but the food was courtesy of A2Zest Events www.a2zest.co.uk and I'll try to get them involved in the FoD ride in May.

Not a lot more I can add to that that has already been said.

Great company
Great banter
Great riding
Great beer

A big thank you to Stew, Marc & Chris for the karma bits :cool: :cool: :cool:

P1040453.jpg

A couple of lows .....

Cannock mud destroys gearing
I must learn that gears are better than SS
Alcantara & Cannot mud seem to create an adhesive bond that just cannot be broken! :LOL:

Looking forward to the FOD in May.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

sinnett177":16iriux0 said:
Did Boy'o'boy make it back ok on his bodged fixie? Missed him at the end of the ride.

Cheers Mark! :D - yep I did make it back for a sausage roll and a retrobrew! - The "O" was put back in the boot in disgrace! Thanks again to Stew and yourself for the trailside fix..... all was going superbly until my freehub failed but still had a great day out despite the 4hr journey home!

Thanks to all that organised and made it a great event. Good to see familiar faces and new ones too. Cheers to Harrycrumb too for the Syncros stem. :cool:

The FOD is already penciled in! - let the "O" rebuild begin!

btw. Mark, still kept that Thetford ride sticker back for me? :D

Cheers y'all

boy" :cool: "boy

ededwards":3jlwpvru said:
Charlieboy28":3jlwpvru said:
The food , premium grade sausage rolls and goats cheese caramelised onion and rocket mini quiche affairs that would put waitrose deli to shame.

Shameless plug, but the food was courtesy of A2Zest Events www.a2zest.co.uk and I'll try to get them involved in the FoD ride in May.

Never saw any of that!! Where was it?

Washed clothes last night, still some dubious stains on front and back of jacket. Boots are still festering until I get brave enough to tackle them. Washed bike this morning - one good hosing, a good brushing down with a bucket full of detergenty water, another hosing, a spray of GT85 - and a loving wipe with an oily rag. Then a good hosing down of the 'patio' to get rid of all the filth!

drystonepaul":3cjg1u6y said:
RB-Cannock_00.jpg

The huge line up (minus a few photographers behind the cameras)

RB-Cannock_01.jpg

HarryCrumb claimed the bravery award for riding his 1988 Marin Palisades complete with it's under chainstay U-brake and gate like frame

I actualy found that my chainstay U-brake worked better that the canti's on the front :shock:
U-brakes.....they're the future ;)

Back