FEB RIDE- SETTLE TO MALHAM, YORKSHIRE DALES

Status
Not open for further replies.
beavis":55dqbop8 said:
:( Just been out to test the water with my dodgy knee - not good I'm afraid, no different to the last time I was out (two weeks ago) so looking doubtful I will make this ride now :cry: unless anyone knows of any miracle cures... :?

Ibuprofen (sp?) is my friend 400mg 2hrs before, one at the start and 2hrs in. Does me Ok. 20yrs jumping out of trains.

That's a bugger beavis.

Myself and ChrisV40 getting there is getting doubtful. His car is not well probably wouldn't make it back and the ride might be to hard for Chris at the moment and he might not be able to actually drive back.

Though if anyone has the route ? I can see if there are any easy return points or tackle it at a later date.

beavis":18quhmth said:
:( Just been out to test the water with my dodgy knee - not good I'm afraid, no different to the last time I was out (two weeks ago) so looking doubtful I will make this ride now :cry: unless anyone knows of any miracle cures... :?

Tell you what dude. I'll kick your right knee in the morning then both will be the same :LOL: :LOL:

FluffyChicken":qdyhgc6c said:
That's a bugger beavis.

Myself and ChrisV40 getting there is getting doubtful. His car is not well probably wouldn't make it back and the ride might be to hard for Chris at the moment and he might not be able to actually drive back.

Though if anyone has the route ? I can see if there are any easy return points or tackle it at a later date.

Try this. http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-long_settle_loop.pdf

FluffyChicken":2n73kljz said:
That's a bugger beavis.

Plenty of return points fluffy don't worry about that. ;)

paininthe":1tlxjy8q said:
beavis":1tlxjy8q said:

Ibuprofen (sp?) is my friend 400mg 2hrs before, one at the start and 2hrs in. Does me Ok. 20yrs jumping out of trains.

Could be the way forward. Hope so cos I can't get hold of Mr Mayagi to do that clever clapping hand thing :LOL:

More Marin content Rich..?

FluffyChicken":12j33z7w said:
Oh paininthe, you've given me an idea, What are Hull to Leeds to Settle trains like for bikes :LOL:

They will take them foc, there is a limit of 3 (if they stick to it,). Best to reserve (it's free) I shall be going by train. The only trouble i've had is if they are blathered in mud.

07:45 off Brough - 09:48 Settle about £25 return

Still aiming to be there, hoping to have the Sintesi ready but if not I'll be on the Kona :)

May bring some mates, on moderns.... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back