show us your cars 2

Another of my vices, as this is a site about Retrobikes, I thought I would post some of my retro cars.

Mk1 Cortina.
brandscortina.jpg

1970 Formula Ford. Ex. works Macon MR8
grdmaconbrands09004.jpg

1976 Van Diemen / GRD 376
monacof32010023.jpg

Loving the MK1. :cool:

Are those wheels BRM's? They look fantastic on there. What engine are you running? More pics would be nice. ;)

al.

The wheels are Dunlop D1's. The engine is a 1660 pre crossflow on 40 DCOE webers. It produces 138 BHP which makes the car quite entertaining. The suspension is Gaz adjustable all round with poly bushes and there is a LSD in the back. The whole of the car has been taken back to the bare metal and then rebuilt.

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes018.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes017.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes019.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes020.jpg

My wife and I took my mum over to my aunt's today and the main road was still not passable so it was the track over the moor, thanks God for an inch of tread and a couple of inches of ice filling the track so we didn't bottom out! Just got off the hill before the darkness. Justin was driving slowly.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,853
grd":3jafa5ox said:
The wheels are Dunlop D1's. The engine is a 1660 pre crossflow on 40 DCOE webers. It produces 138 BHP which makes the car quite entertaining. The suspension is Gaz adjustable all round with poly bushes and there is a LSD in the back. The whole of the car has been taken back to the bare metal and then rebuilt.

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes018.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes017.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes019.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes020.jpg

Stunning! Always fancied a MK1 cort. My Dad raced one back in the day! I remember runing 40's on my mex! Very nice :cool:

Thank's for the pics. :cool:

Did you forget to put the brightwork back on? ;)

al.

Back