1991 Gary Fisher Mt Tam - updated 13/2/2011 - p3

stumpjumper1990 said:
I normally just put the decals over the laquer, but in this case I want them under a clear coat. Just want it perfect this time. And to be honest (again), I don't think this one is going to be used very often on the dirt tracks!

I understand :D

(I don't believe that you won't ride it much though!) :p

nevadasmith":3ta7gmca said:
stumpjumper1990":3ta7gmca said:
I normally just put the decals over the laquer, but in this case I want them under a clear coat. Just want it perfect this time. And to be honest (again), I don't think this one is going to be used very often on the dirt tracks!

I understand :D

(I don't believe that you won't ride it much though!) :p

;) I don't think I'm gonne ride it very often on THE DIRT TRACKS! I really gonne RIDE this one! That's for sure! ;)

stumpjumper1990":2b1btkgy said:
;) I don't think I'm gonne ride it very often on THE DIRT TRACKS! I really gonne RIDE this one! That's for sure! ;)

I see - swap you those fattrax for a pair of slicks I have in the garage then :?: :p

Hurry up and get it finished - can't wait to see this one done :D

nevadasmith":164g5vmt said:
Bart - is this finished yet - show us some pics!

:oops: Sorry! :oops: No!

Still not completely happy with the respray! Not sure what to do! Perhaps I will do it again! I got allmost all NOS XT and Fisher parts and even bought a nice set of Araya RM-20 wheels on XT-hubs and some Fisher Fattrax 2.05 tires! I want the frame to be perfect! :? That's why it is not finished yet! :oops:

Thank you for posting all this, it's very useful. I have two of these Supercaliber frames, one the fluoro yellow / pink / black shade and the other the green / pink zigzag style.

I only have one of the original YST-8908 spindles and one side's thread is completely trashed. I wonder if you can tell me where to buy compatible replacements? These posts are helpful, and the ActionTec titanium 124mm spindle looks promising but I wanted to double check with someone who really knows:

(sorry cannot post links due to low number of prior postings here)
www [dot] bikeforums [dot] net [slash] archive [slash] index [dot] php [slash] t-67321.html

To be sure, this description fits my model:

"non-threaded 127mm spindle with cartridge bearings that is held in to the 88mm cartridge by 2 circlips, square taper cranks"

Do you know where to get any more of the NOS Fisher 88mm spindles, or just equivalent ones? I'm not concerned about exact restoration I just want to get these lovely frames back on the road. The ActionTec spindle (either 124 mm #1124 or the 128mm #112:cool: sounds fine but I'm keen to find other options.

cyclemumner":2nmj5myj said:
Thank you for posting all this, it's very useful. I have two of these Supercaliber frames, one the fluoro yellow / pink / black shade and the other the green / pink zigzag style.

I only have one of the original YST-8908 spindles and one side's thread is completely trashed. I wonder if you can tell me where to buy compatible replacements? These posts are helpful, and the ActionTec titanium 124mm spindle looks promising but I wanted to double check with someone who really knows:

(sorry cannot post links due to low number of prior postings here)
www [dot] bikeforums [dot] net [slash] archive [slash] index [dot] php [slash] t-67321.html

To be sure, this description fits my model:

"non-threaded 127mm spindle with cartridge bearings that is held in to the 88mm cartridge by 2 circlips, square taper cranks"

Do you know where to get any more of the NOS Fisher 88mm spindles, or just equivalent ones? I'm not concerned about exact restoration I just want to get these lovely frames back on the road. The ActionTec spindle (either 124 mm #1124 or the 128mm #112:cool: sounds fine but I'm keen to find other options.

Well, it was just a lucky find on eBay! Really don't know who makes them. But I heard somewhere that a Phil Wood spindle might fit !?!
http://www.philwood.com/products/bbpages/spindles.php
Not the cheapest option though! :?

Back