1995 DiamondBack Racing WCF Vertex - updated 12-3-2011 -

you've been busy! Are you building 2 bikes at once, or maybee even more... :LOL:

Allmost ready!

GroteFoto-W4B6JFZK.jpg

GroteFoto-6GZUWDSR.jpg

GroteFoto-BAGV4YCN.jpg

GroteFoto-DGBPQ3FN.jpg

those are cool just horribly flexy.

I don't understand this comment :? ....I find the WCF significantly stiffer than the all steel frames, both TT-Lite and Ritchey WCS, probably on a par with the aluminium Vertex but with more comfort.

Build is looking good so far, very business like and useable :cool:

Let us know what you think of the ride once you've got it finished, not many of these about, I'd be interested.

jango":19bd2wce said:

Let us know what you think of the ride once you've got it finished, not many of these about, I'd be interested.

Thanks! It was the plan to make it useable! Glad you noticed! :LOL:

I'll have it ready soon and will get it out there and let you know!

Still got a Manitou Magnum waiting for a rebuild :? Don't know when I have the time to finish that one, so that's why I put the Z2 on it. Looking OK IMO!

it's getting there Bart! I agree, the Bomber looks good. But with the Manitou I think it will look even better!

jango":2a0jyn65 said:
those are cool just horribly flexy.

I don't understand this comment :? ....I find the WCF significantly stiffer than the all steel frames, both TT-Lite and Ritchey WCS, probably on a par with the aluminium Vertex but with more comfort.

Like, totally dude.

They ride brilliantly!

:)

Stumpjumper 1990, that DBR Vertex looks great. Those were really super bikes and one of my favourite rides be it on the road or off. They handled well and the frame was stiff but not bone jarring like most Al and carbon frames. I think the Cro-Mo rear triangle helped keep it comfortable. I have a mint condition DBR WCF Vertex bought brand new in 1995 (or 96) which I still take out for the occasional single track ride through forest and jungles. It has everything on it "original" even the tires. It is one of those bikes that does everything right and one cannot find a flaw. Even on long climbs despite its 24 pound weight it feels lighter than most 21 pound bikes.
Will post a pic soon.

Mangrove Jack":2my7c3lm said:
Stumpjumper 1990, that DBR Vertex looks great. Those were really super bikes and one of my favourite rides be it on the road or off. They handled well and the frame was stiff but not bone jarring like most Al and carbon frames. I think the Cro-Mo rear triangle helped keep it comfortable. I have a mint condition DBR WCF Vertex bought brand new in 1995 (or 96) which I still take out for the occasional single track ride through forest and jungles. It has everything on it "original" even the tires. It is one of those bikes that does everything right and one cannot find a flaw. Even on long climbs despite its 24 pound weight it feels lighter than most 21 pound bikes.
Will post a pic soon.

I don't have the bike anymore, but I would love to see yours!

Here she is. Everything on the bike is original, even the tires. The only item replaced is the pedals which are Shimano XT (year 1994). Everything still works well which is proof of the high quality components that were manufactured in the mid 1990's. Last ride was on a dusty dirt track so she is rather dust covered.

Attachments

• Mountain Bikes 003.jpg
    Mountain Bikes 003.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 1,645
Back