1991 Gary Fisher Mt Tam - updated 13/2/2011 - p3

I picked up the resprayed frame! Color looks good! Will apply the decals this weekend. And after that some nice new clear coating! :cool:

NOS cantilevers BR-M732 arrived also!!

First phone pictures:

GroteFoto-3JI8AQ6H.jpg

GroteFoto-NULGRDGI.jpg

stumpjumper1990":2ad9lbqk said:
Jamis Diablo":2ad9lbqk said:
are you using decals with the darker blue stripes behind it?

Nope, just had the decals made as they were on the original!

Thanks Gil! ;)

I think I didn't understand you! The darker blue stripes are the contours of Mt Tam (I think). And yes, those are the ones I will use!

Will take a pic of the decals also this weekend. And from my NOS cantilevers, perfect polished cranks, NOS XT seatpost clamp and everything else I forgot! ;)

Here are some more pics of the parts I'm going to use. Got another Fisher saddle: the original Trail Tail! And some new cranks and NOS brakes! :p

NOS Fisher Fattrax 1.9
GroteFoto-4FQWT7HV.jpg

GroteFoto-XIES6V6V.jpg

GroteFoto-ERJMNVHW.jpg

New polished XT M730 cranks
GroteFoto-SM3LRBGB.jpg

NOS XT seatpost quick release
GroteFoto-4ZVFLCAS.jpg

NOS XT M732 cantilever brakes
GroteFoto-YWDKJFBQ.jpg

GroteFoto-W3XTLPEE.jpg

Gary Fisher Trail Tail saddle with Nitto S65 seatpost
GroteFoto-WFXWWHDZ.jpg

GroteFoto-LDOT46DL.jpg

GroteFoto-4KHL3KZI.jpg

The steering unit ;)
GroteFoto-OWUGS6IC.jpg

GroteFoto-W7CCKZNG.jpg

RockShox RS-1 newly build! Need to do some work on the looks!
GroteFoto-GYVQ33AF.jpg

GroteFoto-6X4DJAQX.jpg

The first thing I have to do now is apply the decals on the frame and spray it with a clear lacker. After that I can start rebuilding it! Cannot wait! :p

Bart, this is looking nice - did you fit the RS1 seal kit yet?

What are you doing for wheels? Did your Araya find give you the rm400s that you need? :D

p.s. after much deliberating I have decided to put stickers over laquer on a couple of my builds - stickers are cheap compared to a re-spray & most bikes were sold like that anyway ;)

Nice work! That RS-1 is a great looking fork already, even better with some new decals on it. Must be a good feeling knowing that you can almost start building your bike!

nevadasmith":1bsgj2bi said:
Bart, this is looking nice - did you fit the RS1 seal kit yet?

What are you doing for wheels? Did your Araya find give you the rm400s that you need? :D

p.s. after much deliberating I have decided to put stickers over laquer on a couple of my builds - stickers are cheap compared to a re-spray & most bikes were sold like that anyway ;)

To be honest! I bought another RS-1! This one was in very good working condition. Just needed to put some air in it and it worked! I think I am gone respray it and then put the decals on!
Now I have the sealkit for future problems! ;) Or to get the other RS-1 in working condition again! Need to find a new project! :p

I normally just put the decals over the laquer, but in this case I want them under a clear coat. Just want it perfect this time. And to be honest (again), I don't think this one is going to be used very often on the dirt tracks!

Latest posts

Back