Retrobike National Series Event - Cannock Aftermath

A fantastic ride, a true RB classic. A turnout of well over 40 once more and despite the muddy conditions smiles from ear to ear. Lots more to follow.

Despite all the nasty brown stuff, had a cracking days riding.

Thanks to Mark, John, Ed and anybody else who put all the hard work into organising the day, well done.

Only managed to put a few names to faces, my own fault for being so quiet, but it's pretty overwhelming when there's forty odd to remember and most of the name tags have fell off ;) .

Looking forward to the Forest of Dean now, I might have recovered by then. :D

weeman_mtb":3e5ja8ov said:
Despite all the nasty brown stuff, had a cracking days riding.

Thanks to Mark, John, Ed and anybody else who put all the hard work into organising the day, well done.

Only managed to put a few names to faces, my own fault for being so quiet, but it's pretty overwhelming when there's forty odd to remember and most of the name tags have fell off ;) .

Looking forward to the Forest of Dean now, I might have recovered by then. :D

Good to see you again!

Todays prize winners:-

- Bike of the Ride - grd's Fat Chance - Won a Mavic 117 SUP bangle!

- Bravest of the Day - HarryCrumb with his Joe Murray designed Marin Palisades Trail - Won a NOS Shark Tooth!

- Most refreshing RetroBiker - Spencer13 for supplying a keg of his very own beer - Won a matching pair of bottle cages!

- The dirty boy award - Jonnyboy666 was a dirty boy - Won a pair of mudguards!

- Special suspension award - Marctwotone - Won an Answer Atac!

- The i'll stick my hands down Ed's pants for a prize award - MrLee who fell into Ed's trap - Won a Hang Doggy style cable hanger!

Well done to all.

CAS":3oc4uog4 said:
Good to see you again!

Thanks, Carol, same to you too. What happened to you guys? We seemed to lose you, Ed and I don't know how many others at the start of the monkey trail.

Edit; Teamlard has just answered my question :) .

Just been browsing the other forums I frequent and both Bikeradar and SingleTrackWorld have mentions of 'hundreds' of lycra clad retro bikers at Cannock today

We will take over the world soon enough muhahahaha...

Andy B":3dsm0g8o said:
Just been browsing the other forums I frequent and both Bikeradar and SingleTrackWorld have mentions of 'hundreds' of lycra clad retro bikers at Cannock today
What without 140mm up front and dual piston disc brakes!

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome given to my son and myself.
It was great to ride with you all again. A special mention also to the chosen few who just did the Dog with us (Carol and co) I hope we didn't hold you up too much on the climbs !
Thanks also to everyone who did the food, Sion got me in trouble at home as he was full of cake and didn't want any tea! (Team Larder in the making!)
Nice to put some faces and bikes to the posting names too.
Looking forward to the write ups and pics.......

Is it wrong to really enjoy the mud? :twisted: Not long got home (had to collect a frame for a mate on the way back) and up at 0430 so just a quick thanks and a great day out as always, top stuff.

Forgot my sticker though - any chance someone could hold on to one for me? Mark? John? Cheers!

Back