Retrobike National Series Event - Cannock Aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just in, bike still filthy in the car but humming with good memories from a smashing day out.

Many thanks to all who came, especially those who travelled a long way.

More later but until then, post up your photos and thoughts.

Just got back in too

Bike is still a little muddy :LOL:

Pics will be uploaded soon

Another excellent ride, thanks to all who made the effort and joined in the fun round Cannock :cool:

Will post a proper aftermath write up later....

before and after. nice choclate cake ed. great ride as usual and i now have a new saying: here comes mamma

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks andy

Another great ride chaps - thanks for organising. Appreciated touches like the signing on sheets, labels and stickers. Good to meet old friends and find new people for a chat on the way round.

Enjoyed the route and have to confess to a childish delight going over the rollers at the end!

Thanks to Jan for the sausage rolls,savouries and that fabulous chocolate brownie.

Oh and I even went home with a " Karma saddle" that looks just the right size.

What more could I ask?

Bike is hosed off, awaiting more detailed attention ......and spurred on to more bike wickedness by some of you have contacted the guy selling the little GT frame .....I know..... I swore the next bike would only be a zaskar or alittle alpinestars .......

just got in, i will post pics tomorrow as me and adam (pure7-89) are going out for a curry! :D

what i will say though is what an awesome day! :D having never ridden there before i didn't know exactly what to expect and i was pleasantly surprised by the trails, a mix of a bit of everything, fire roads, singletrack, rocks, climbs, descents, mud, mud and some mud! :D with all the mud i managed to get on me i have to say i feel like someone has taken an electric grinder to my butt cheeks!! :LOL: :LOL:

thanks for organising another great day out! :D the karma/sales table was great, i picked up a set of forks (from charlieboy88?) and a set of rims from harrycrumb, so i did quite well! :D not to mention rummaging around in Ed's sack for my special muddiest rider of the ride award!!! :LOL: :LOL:

was cool to see people i know and people i didn't know before today aswel and there were a couple of unexpected faces aswel, Kien for example, a rare poster on here but he's done both OWMTBC events so far.

anyway i best go, i need a shower really badly!!! :shock: :D

:D

Here are a few pics to start off with, no action shots as I was too busy concentrating on the trails to stop and take action shots!

If you recognise yourselves or your bikes let me know who's who & I'll edit the titles.

Group shot grabbing the Bikefood freebies

P1020702 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

A purple bike owned by someone with a mouth to turn the air blue...

KHS Montana Pro Cropped by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Lurking Lava Dome

P1020707 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

One for the Sponsors!

P1020706 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Triple trouble, but no triple triangle

P1020708 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Does a LGF sh!t in the woods?

P1020709 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Regrouping before a climb. Looks like someone's been on the Picolax....

P1020716 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

The Guv'nor

P1020712 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

GRD grinning like a loony

P1020714 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andybax/

As usual folks, another great ride. Was good to see some old faces and plenty of new ones who's names I'll never remember :oops:
Also fantastic to see such a massive turn out - 40 ish ? :shock:
My bike and shoes are now back to their original white colour instead of the brown sludgy colour they came home in having removed that special mix of mud & grinding paste that they seemed to pick up today !
The main thing I will take from today I think is the resolve to attend north west events and try to win a prize now I've seen how amazing the future ones are :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back