how many australian rerto bikers are there

Wow, I really hope you gonna enjoy it over there. I've been thinking for it a long long time but never did it.... :(

My girlfriend went there travelling for allomst a year and she's making me crazy with stories how beautifull it is downunde i.c.t. this small country we call Holland!

Have fun :D

im not gone yet guys its gonna be months til i go and thats if they let me (not having second thoughts just being realistic ) me and her have been talking again tonight so dont know now whats going on between us even thought she upsets me i still think the world of her its crazy trying to explain it but i need her its weird. :cool:

Retrobiking is more of an underground thing here and the larger distances between places is also a factor to consider (geographically the UK is pretty small in comparison).

There's a small retro scene here in Hobart and the odd retro ride/gathering, but I can't comment for the rest of the country.

If you make it to Tasmania in your travels drop me a line as I'll be able to show you some of the best tracks/trails we have to offer.

A word of warning though, not a lot of the riding is truely retro friendly (well not in Tassie) so a modern dual suspension bike with disc brakes would be a wise purchase when you arrive.

Anyway keep us posted with the intended move and on the girl front I'm sure there as possibilities which can be explored here too. ;)

Andrew

andrewl":2xb80xur said:
Retrobiking is more of an underground thing here and the larger distances between places is also a factor to consider (geographically the UK is pretty small in comparison).

There's a small retro scene here in Hobart and the odd retro ride/gathering, but I can't comment for the rest of the country.

If you make it to Tasmania in your travels drop me a line as I'll be able to show you some of the best tracks/trails we have to offer.

A word of warning though, not a lot of the riding is truely retro friendly (well not in Tassie) so a modern dual suspension bike with disc brakes would be a wise purchase when you arrive.

Andrew

Yeah, the retro thing is pretty quiet here in comparison to the UK. Can be a good thing, there are some bargains to be had - saw an old Foes LTS with Judy SL's and other high end retro kit sell for only $420AU (~150GBP) a month or so ago. Would have bought it had I know purchased the GT the previous week...

Perth has a good mix of terrain. Plenty of the steep, rocky stuff that really needs dual suspension and discs, but also plenty of traditional cross country stuff too (not to mention a 900km long distance trail from Perth to Albany if you're into off-road trekking). Not many big mountains strangely enough, seeing as we produce some of the best downhillers in the world.

If you move to the top right hand corner (where I am) you would double the number of retro bikers in town.

What sort of work are you looking for? There seems to be plenty of employment opportunities here at the moment - but you have to like hot wet summers!

Circling vulture time...

Does this mean you are having a clear out sometime soon or is it all getting containered?

plan gone wrong m now gona be staying we sorted t out late last night and im now stayng my sister ain't happy as she thught i was gonna join her over there hame i was getting to like the thought of a nice new life :oops: :cry: :D :D

Back