eroica 2011

The scrutinners were not fussy at all in 2010, in fact I think you only presented your bike if you were interested in entering for a prize but as my Italian is limited to 'Peroni' I may well have misunderstood even that. Nevertheless, I was saddned that my bike, rubbish as it is/was, didn't get more/any attention although unsurprising given the gorgeous steel on display.

I reckon if you have s kinny tubed steel bike with downtube shifters, exposed brake cables and toeclips and straps that's about all you need to worry about. Deltas may look a little misplaced though.

Misplaced, but gorgeous
That's all good news, I'm hoping the Italian frame will smooth over the deltas.
Booked the flights today, can't waitt

Entry is 35 euros, flights I got cheap , but a return to Pisa is about £150 if you book soon flying from London.
I haven't booked any accom yet but expect to pay a minimum of €120 pernight for a double room in a really nice place

Flights - Luton - Pisa return plus bike about £130
Accommodation - mobile home 100 Euros for 3 nights / 2 sharing
Hire car - about 100 Euros

Plus food and spending money!

As with Fraser above re. accommodation, after all we only used it for sleeping so didn't really need anything more (and there was a great verandah for fettling).

That's a good call, our problem is there are quite a few of us going and we've booked for a long weekend Friday to Tuesday and sold it to the wives and gf"s as a mini break in chiantishire , so I doubt I'll get away with any self catering.
That did sound terrific value though.
The sooner you book the cheaper the flight I reckon.
Car hire seems reasonable even with avis from the airport

Hi Fella's

I entered the event last week. I'm hoping to get in but when is this confirmed? I paid via paypal (€35 option?) so the monies have gone. I don't want to commit to booking flights & a hotel until I've been given the nod by the organisers.

I'm really looking forward to doing the event as I have a 1985 Panasonic Raleigh to do it on. It's a Ilkeston 753 with Campag SR on it. It's a great thing to ride & to do an event like this on it would be fantastic.

I looking to fly from Leeds/Bradford on the Thursday before, returning on the Tuesday...it should be a great way to cap a season off!

Cheers,

Andy.

FWIW In terms of entry notification, you won't receive one except to check the List of Participants on the website.

Back