hope pro 11 adaptors

hesdownagain

Old School Hero
hello. started to put my new build together (first problem)... i have had to get some 15mm pro11 adaptors for my hubs because the front forks are 15mm maxel. when i offer the wheel up it will not go between the forks, it seems as though the adaptors when fitted into the hubs make the wheel to wide to fit in the slots of the forks. i have tapped the adaptors with a mallet to make sure they are seated and they appear to be ok. i'm talking about 1/8'' maybe and the fork will not open that much. any one had anything like this or can think of something. i'm not sure about grinding some off the ends is the right way to go...

Which forks are they fella?

If they are Rock Shox then there will be a notch on the bottom of both fork legs.

sorry i thought i had said they are the fox vanillas 32 rlc . they have a slight groove for wan't of a better word where the wheel slides into but the hub is now to wide by about 1/8'' to slide in. as i said i cant open the forks any wider to slide the wheel in.

The outer part that slots into the bearing in the hub needs a bloody good push as the o-ring is a very tight fit.

Try some lube ;)

i have greased the adaptors and hit them with a mallet. do they finish up flush with the hub. i'm talking about the wide part that fills the hole in the hub.will that be flush with the end of the hub.

Should be flush yes. You should hear a pop sound when the o-ring is fully home.

If still no luck, give Hope a ring on 1282 851200

ok . I will have another go tomorrow. i did not want to hit them hard in case i damaged them. but looking at them if both were flush they would more than likely fit... get bigger hammer tomorrow. thanks for the help..

Feel a bit of a P_ _ T here. I have 4 wheels which i use. 3 of those wheels have Hope Pro11 hubs, the fourth one has a hope hub NOT Pro11. So.. Of course the one i wan't to fit the reducers on is the not Pro11 hub, make a not that Pro11 reducers only work on Pro11 hubs (guess thats why they are called Pro11 reducers) DOH... I can't seem to find a reducer for any other hop hub execpt the Pro11. Anyone got any idea's or have had this problem. thanks.

Back