Battaglin Restoration - Decals

RooKilo

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi, I've just picked up a Battaglin SLX circa 1987 and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement - despite it being described as 'excellent condition' it is in fact in need of restoration. The guy was in his 70's and was adamant it was ok so against my better judgement I have kept it and have put it down to experience as it's my size and I can see the potential once done - this is my first bad purchase off ebay. This is now a long term restoration project due to the costs involved in getting it right.

Sourcing the components is easy enough given time but can anyone tell me where I can get Battaglin decals? I'm working abroad at the moment but will post pictures when I get home.

Thanks!

Have you tried the Battaglin factory - they're still in business.

Alternatively, try hlloydcycles.com (none listed, but they might be able to point you in the right direction)

Battaglin

The battaglin factory dont seem interested in old bikes, have a 2001 model and they will not supply them.
Try one of the firms on ebay who sell transfers, most can copy them.
I was the importer in the late 80's so probably sold the frame when new.

Thanks guys, I've emailed velocals and Battaglin themselves - velocals have a very similar set but the colours are wrong which could be easily sorted I suppose.

Orbeas - Have you got records of what frames you imported? Did you sell direct or distribute to shops? Cheers.

Battaglin

Once upon a time I had a list of all the frames, they were sold mostly through my shop and a few went to the trade, but in the 80's not many people bought 'off the peg' frames they wanted them handbuilt. Most were built up into complete bikes.The problem was that the 'handbuilt' frames were just the same geometry as the off the peg ones, just a differant colour and transfers.
Sorry but the list was lost many years ago, all I would say is that all Battaglins were painted in the same way no matter what tubing was used, so you had to look at the frame sticker on the frame or the size of the seat pin to decide which one it was.

Back