Ernie Clements

wilfh

Dirt Disciple
Hello
I'm new to this forum but have recently aquired an Ernie clements Road bike. I looks in pretty good nick but I have no idea how old it is. It looks similar to the 1980's EC that is on the forum but I don't know whether that is much of a guide.

There is next to nothing on the web that I can find. Are there pointers that I should be looking for? I will post some photo's when I've worked out how to post photos' to the forum I'll put them up but in the meantime here's a link.

All the info I have is that the bike was put away in the attic 20 or so years ago and has recently been refound.
The brakes are both Weinerman with Shimano SIS gearing (6 gears it looks high end stuff but again I don't know)
Stronglight cranks and Rigidga wheels (rims and hubs)

Thanks very much- Just need some photo's of my 1998 Norco Magnum mountain bike!

Cheers
Wilf

I'd say mid/late 80's with the SIS gearing etc. Looks like a very nice touring style bike with Randonne handlebars, long cage rear mech and wide ratio chainset. In good condition as well.

stokepa31":4vp1qx78 said:
im thinking early 90s. BS6102 part one was published 1992

Hadn't noticed that so it's probably a very good indicator although by then I'm sure 7 speed would possibly have been fitted?

thanks very much for the help. I don't suppose anyone know's any Ernie clements history.
All I've managed to work out so far is that he was racing in the 1940's and designed bikes for falcon until the early 1980's.
Any sggestions where I could look?
cheers
Wilf

You should contact 'zotty', the owner of the other Ernie Clements. A friendly guy who might ge able to help as his dad owned a bike shop at one time.

Back