Method for building retro bikes...??

Oh yeah. Beautiful frame.

IMO - ceramic rims, skinwalls (must).

M900 throughout. Black where you can to match the decals. No more than a few matching ano bits (ie. seatpost and stem)

Was gonna do M732, black Syncros post & stem, black bars.....probably black rims but was thinking ano hubs, skewers, cranks and chainring bolts and maybe Ringle H20......too much ano then????

neilll":ma71af1u said:
Was gonna do M732, black Syncros post & stem, black bars.....probably black rims but was thinking ano hubs, skewers, cranks and chainring bolts and maybe Ringle H20......too much ano then????

Black M732 cantis are hard to find, FYI. your Ano selection could look great, just make sure it matches :)

ameybrook":k8rg0uhn said:
Black M732 cantis are hard to find, FYI. your Ano selection could look great, just make sure it matches :)

Going (slightly) off topic on my own thread :oops: I'm thinking of Pauls or Grafton canti's and yeah, getting ano to match is my current turmoil (Chris King blue seems way darker than Ringle/Cooks/Grafton/Pauls) :evil: :evil:

I find that buying three times the amount of parts you actually need works well, swapping them all over after every ride until you find a mix you like, and then changing again when you see a different part that looks nicer is a good way to go about things.

despite the fact ameybrook was being somewhat tongue in cheek, my next build is acyually based around no more than a stem. I have lots of other bits now, but no frame. or forks. so its not so much a build as a small box of nice stuff. I do have a theme though (too expensive to build/failed companies/just plain mad)...

I continually set myself a budget. then find something i prefer so buy that. then kind of figure i may as well make the rest of it top notch. then get carried away.

thats no help at all is it?

still, your Funk looks awesome.

My GT RTS started as a green USE bar that nobody wanted . I think origianl owner was orange71 .
I bought it , then though , green is good , lets carry on .

I'm building a rigid Pace 200 singlespeed. Might take some time.

Parts so far:
USE red handlebar, black USE stubbies, Pace carbon front hub, pair of black NOS Porcipaws, full set of replacement frame bolts in Ti

Next step - stem, 100mm Pace
Then forks, headset (Hope red)
then a frame , wheels, brakes etc

Back