Yeti ProFRO Disc retrofit project (building)

+1 !
Don't weld disc mounts on it ! :? :cry:
There's so many steel frame for that !

Think of the day you are in the necessity of saling it : with discs mount, your yeti frame will lost all its price

MadCowKev":2huv3eha said:
Save yourself the time and money, I've got a really nice On-One that I'll trade with you

Yes !
And save a yeti frame !

Hey guys let's not be too religious. The welding of the disc brake mount will not destroy or impair the frame as a classic Yeti. Some of you may think that the value of the frame and fork will be reduced by such an operation; I am of a different interpretation. For me, the benefit value will increase, and no one can put any price tag on that value.

Yes I am aware that this is like swearing in church, but to use the classic frames and forks and then put in new parts is typical of my bikes. My Yeti Road Project, for example. Campagnolo Record 10s, 16 spoke Hugi hubs on aero rims, lots of carbon and titanium parts. My Yeti ASR SL has a brand new Fox fork, Saint rear and XTR front gears, Formula brakes, Hugi hubs, Syncross rims, and lots of carbon and titanium parts.

Some of my bikes are "true to its time" but that does not mean I'm fanatical and conservative about this. Had this been a pre 1990 FRO with 4130 straight gauge tubing, or a yak, - then it had been living its life with cantilevers etc as an old schooler.

Alpinestars":1yxcemnn said:
I like it! :D
Just a question. Why discs?

- Why not? There are one to many awful Yeti restorations out there. This one is going to stand out as the ugly duckling - sweet in his own way :)

Yetinut":1yxcemnn said:
I'm with you on this mate go for it ;)

- I feel the force is with me bro, and its strong :twisted:

If it's done well it isn't a problem. Look at DrS's Yo with the disc mods, fantastic machine.

I think discs would work out just fine, adding disc tabs will definitely affect it's value, but if it makes the bike more fun for you to ride, then why not just do it? :? Just keep it yellow and build it up with a lot of black parts and keep the black decals too. It will look ace if it remains a clean and simple bike, less is more and that sort of thing. ;)
I'm keen on seeing how this will turn out. Good luck with it! :D

Bram J":19y452kb said:
I think discs would work out just fine, adding disc tabs will definitely affect it's value, but if it makes the bike more fun for you to ride, then why not just do it? :? Just keep it yellow and build it up with a lot of black parts and keep the black decals too. It will look ace if it remains a clean and simple bike, less is more and that sort of thing. ;)
I'm keen on seeing how this will turn out. Good luck with it! :D

I will sure keep you all posted :D

Back