Alpinestars 1992 cro-mega (Blackstar) by Maverick

update

Ok, so it’s taken a little while since the last update, but good things come to those who wait..........

Since last i have fitted 3 different headsets.
I fitted a 1 1/4 silver shimano with cartridge bearings, but the bearings really need throwing and a new cartridge bearings inserted, so I took this out and fitted a 1 1/4 Mavic, this was good but the silver top cap is missing its Mavic sticker and really needs machine polishing and didn't look right, so I took this out and settled on a simple all black 1 1/4 from Evilbay. nothing sexy, but very functional.

Zoom stem that was originally fitted to the 1991 Al-mega before i replaced it with the Painted A-tac that it currently has, cheap and cheerful no brand flat alloy bars.

The wheels have had rubber added, again nothing sexy just Kenda's that also came via Evilbay for a fiver. Bargain. The wheels are Mavic X517's on a Spesh front hub and an Onyx rear, courtesy of another Retrobiker.

M750 V-brakes, M735 short cage rear, M737 Front, M739 shifters, 8spd cassette. Polished Shimano Cranks with Pace rings (that I have for sale) although the little ring is not fitted as i have lost the bolts, if anyone can help a Retrobiker out with a set with spacers i would be grateful.

I have also bought for it a set of gorgeous silver braid outer’s from Evilbay again. I was not entirely sure how these would look from the picture, but they look great. If you are after a set, check out this seller http://shop.ebay.co.uk/jimmenzies/m.html.

That’s the build as it is at the moment, probably be finished in the next century or so.....

Attachments

• DSCF3046 (Large).jpg
    DSCF3046 (Large).jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,925
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
....looking good so far bigman, get those decals on, im liking the sound of the cables too.......as discussed, not sure about the zoom stem,..???

Mavrick

i am replacing the my alpinestar stem with a syncros one on my cromega

would the alpinestar one be any good for your build?

stubbsy :D

Saturady afternoon

So, how did you spend your Saturday afternoon? Did you watch some football, paint the shed, go to B&Q or ride a Retrobike.

I did none of the above; instead I employed the services of Peppa Pig and the Gruffalo to watch the Maverick children whilst I got on with Blackstar, whilst Mrs Maverick was on some training course.

As Blackstar reaches ever closer to riding i feel myself getting that funny feeling in my tummy again.......

Attachments

• DSCF3049 (Large).jpg
    DSCF3049 (Large).jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,930
  • DSCF3050 (Large).jpg
    DSCF3050 (Large).jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,930
thats a great black and white pic....too, well done mav... :cool: coming along nicely, wont be long now....???? :cool:

Back