Shimano question

the_duke

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I am clueless when it comes to road stuff.

I have a 7700 dura-ace rear mech (think its 8/9 speed)

I wanted to use some bar-end shifters so bought some off ebay.

However, they are mis-matched. The front mech one is dura ace sl-bs77.
The rear is Ultegra sl-bs64.

My concern is the ultegra one. It is 8 speed which is what I need but a small sticker on its side states it is not compatible with dura-ace.

My question (finally!) is does this refer to the older style dura-ace? I thought I read somewhere that the 7700 went to a "normal" cable pull ratio.

If it isnt technically compatible is it possible to make it compatible in some way?

Cheers for the help. Luke

If they're mismatched off eBay and the auction had no info as to this, I'd punt them back to seller myself...........

As far as im aware its 6,7,8 speed Dura Ace that is the 'problem' with a different actuation ratio of 1.8:1 vs 1.67:1 for all other shimano -which includes 9 speed 7700 and 8 speed Ultegra. I pretty sure you should be OK.

Im hoping to stick a 7700 rear derailleur on my 753 Peugeot at some point and will be using it with some 8 speed down tube shifters.

Lysander":15bpb5mp said:
If they're mismatched off eBay and the auction had no info as to this, I'd punt them back to seller myself...........

I am still considering this but they were fairly cheap (£25) and do look more or less identical. (there is a grey ring on the u and a black on the da)

It's one os those cases where he is effectively lying through omission.

The photo only showed the da face up so I assumed the face down was the same.

Cheers for the tech info. Makes it a bit better.

Back