C & G Finishes Liverpool

LeicaLad

Dirt Disciple
I am in search of details of options, prices, etc. for refinishing a bike at C & G Liverpool.

Google gives me a dozen or more phonebook entries, but I cannot find a proper site or even a price list for their services.

If a site exists that Google cannot find, would someone please post the link?

If anyone has a current price list, would they consider to scan it and post that, please?

Thank you.

Owen

Hi Owen, I don't think there is a price list as such.

A single colour with lug lining and transfer fixing is running at £140 to £160.

Hope this helps.

Des

desmondo":1bw2t5a3 said:
Hi Owen, I don't think there is a price list as such.

A single colour with lug lining and tranfer fixing is running at £140 to £160.

Hope this helps.

I doubt if they would have a website, no need really. Most of their work comes from recommendations.

Thanks, gentlemen.

I wonder if anyone could compare the work by C&G with that of Ellis Briggs in terms of quality? They are another option, as well.

I will post the outcome, whichever option is chosen, when it gets done.

Thank you, again, for suggestions and advice.

I believe Ellis Briggs have there work done at Bob Jackson's.
I don't rate them myself but that just me.

That's interesting. They claim to still be making their own bikes in Shipley.

I wonder how much of that is contracted out these days. I'm certainly not in the market for a new EB bike, but if they're still making them, it would be odd that they send them over to BJ for finishing. Economies of scale, I guess.

Thanks for the info. Sure wish C & G were a bit more info-friendly.

Cheers

Ellis-Briggs do still make their own frames but they don't have a spray facility these days, they used to be very good for resprays at one time. Officially they (and several other builders) send them to Bob Jackson but I know that Chris Marshall in Keighley has done the odd frame or two. Like Des, I've heard tales of people not being very happy with BJ's work these days. I've got no personal experience though so couldn't possibly commment ;)

Chris Marshall does my work and also for lots of other classic enthusiasts.

Thanks for this. I like that he's in Yorkshire, and only about 25 miles from where the frame is currently.

Is it fair to assume that his prices are about the same as C & G?

The nice thing about EB's site is the price list and color options give one food for thought. But I'm grateful to learn that they no longer are doing their own work.

Tracking details. . .

;-)

You need to 'phone Chris for prices.

01535 691073

I ought to be on commission!

Yes, indeed!

Thank you for this.

I've got my art for reproducing the transfers in 98% final stage. Still sorting other little details. Will post when worthy!

Again, Thank you for the lead.

Owen

Back